(11-03-2004) NME To Stream New U2 Album - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
NME To Stream New U2 Album on November 16th

Ed. note -- An Interference.com poster has provided the following information thanks to a scan of a page from NME.

"NME.com will be the first place in the world you can hear the new U2 album 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb'. The album will be released November 22 but, from the afternoon of November 16, NME.com will be hosting full-length audio streams."

Many thanks to enajh2!

I think in any country in the world Kerry would win with 90-95%, I just do not get America...

Hi guys,

I don't want to be a Scrooge about this, but can we stay on topic here? There's plenty of Election discussion in the Free Your Mind forum. Thanks!

matt76 said:
I think in any country in the world Kerry would win with 90-95%, I just do not get America...

i'm personally despondent today, but keep in mind: the election was, again, very close.

also, the Bush people have been scaring the shit out of the public on a regular basis since 9-11, so that has lots to do with it as well.

finally, credit to the Republicans: they're simply a better organized political machine. they got their "base" -- white, evangelical, bigoted Christians -- out and to the polls in bigger numbers than did the Democrats.

sad, but true. this is democracy in action, and we've been doing it longer than anyone else.

HelloAngel said:
Hi guys,

I don't want to be a Scrooge about this, but can we stay on topic here? There's plenty of Election discussion in the Free Your Mind forum. Thanks!

sorry! my bad. didn't read this until after i posted.

Irvine511 said:

i'm personally despondent today, but keep in mind: the election was, again, very close.

also, the Bush people have been scaring the shit out of the public on a regular basis since 9-11, so that has lots to do with it as well.

finally, credit to the Republicans: they're simply a better organized political machine. they got their "base" -- white, evangelical, bigoted Christians -- out and to the polls in bigger numbers than did the Democrats.

sad, but true. this is democracy in action, and we've been doing it longer than anyone else.

The world's oldest democracy is the United Kingdom no?

politics

With people like Michael Stipe of REM and Bruce Springsteen taking up arms against a popular president like George Bush, Bono played it smart and tried to appeal to both US parties. After Bush's major election win (more Americans voted for Bush than any other president in US history yesterday) instead of being shunned aside by the US administration, Bono still has somewhat of a "friend" in the White House which should be very good for his Africa initiatives. Bono is a true leader and extremely smart to not attack and smear Bush like so many of his classless, ignorant, and out-of-touch-with-America musicians. I predict in his second term, Bush will do even more to alleviate the AIDS crisis and will be willing to listen to more of what Bono has to say. This is a great day in US history and I'm glad Bono never turned himself into a fanatical, angry anti-Bush yahoo like so many other great celebrities. (shouldn't this all be a different thread? Something about Bono's work in Africa? This all seems like misplaced discussion to me)

Viva Bush!

Hi guys -

Let's please use this thread for discussion on the NME stream - plenty of talk in FYM. Thanks!

:eyebrow: Great way to avoid piracy, boys..

Sorry, but :hug: Dem! (I'm too much of a chicken to venture into FYM these days.. :reject: )

jackboy said:

The world's oldest democracy is the United Kingdom no?

Iceland's parliament is much older, over 1000 years.

Back on topic, I am going to try very hard not to listen to this streaming, but to wait the extra week and have the product in my hands. I think I can do it!:wink:

This is a sad day for America and the world. I feel heartbroken. It was also clear form his concession speech that Kerry was the right person for the job. He deeply cared & it moved me.

The # 1 reason why people voted the way they did was over the topic of moral issues, particularly gay marriage. I am completely bewildered as to how that could be the #1 issue with all that is going on the world right now. People are losing their jobs & sending their sons & daughters off to die in a war that is unjust and may have no resolution. Yet these same people would rather have their own die to keep gays from getting married??? I propose that those who voted for Bush be the ones who physically go to war for him. It's a scary time in America- and the world for that matter.
The only good news is that Bush can't run after the next four years. Of course , none of us may be here in the next four years, or even worse-Bush may turn America into a dictatorship.

I agree however that Bono was smart to be "on the fence" so to speak. I'm sure he predicted the possibility that Bush would win.

On a lighter and more positive note, I hope it's true about NME broadcasting!! That would be brilliant, especially because that's my day off. So, I'll be blaring the new album all day long!!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom