(10-31-2005) Grammys--Best Song -- FoxNews.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Grammys--Best Song

By Roger Friedman

I don't know who's on the committee in charge of whittling down the Best Song nominees for 2005, but here are the best songs as far as I can tell.

It will be interesting to see what the committee comes up with. Last year, voters went for John Mayer's soft-boiled "Daughters" rather than Alicia Keys' stunning "If I Ain't Got You."

But of course, Christopher Cross' "Sailing" once won, and beat "New York, New York" by Kander and Ebb. So whaddaya gonna do?

My humble choices: "When God Made Me," Neil Young; "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Green Day; "Original of the Species," U2; "Shelter in the Rain," Stevie Wonder; "Ordinary People," John Legend.

--FoxNews.com

that would be good choice...
But I don't think it'll be like that -- it's not a single and I'm afraid a lot of people don't know it...

lady luck said:
that would be good choice...
But I don't think it'll be like that -- it's not a single and I'm afraid a lot of people don't know it...

Don't think it needs to be a single to be nominated...hey, maybe they are saving the single release of this for the nominations...just an idle thought. :hmm:

Pop Artist said:

Don't think it needs to be a single to be nominated...hey, maybe they are saving the single release of this for the nominations...just an idle thought. :hmm:

It would have to have had been released before October 1st for it to be eligible for the Grammy's in next spring. So therefor, I doubt it will be.

Back
Top Bottom