(10-31-2005) Eminem ignored Bono's Live 8 calls - Ireland OnLine*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Eminem ignored Bono's Live 8 calls

Live 8 organisers Bob Geldod and Bono were furious when rapper Eminem refused to return their phonecalls about performing at the poverty awareness bash.

They sent the Stan hitmaker photographs of African fans wearing Eminem t-shirts in an effort to persuade him to join the Live 8 line-up, only to be totally ignored.

Geldof says: "Bono called me while I was in Africa and said 'he's (Eminem) not calling me back. I've got these pictures of kids wearing Eminem and D-12 t-shirts and we got them sent off to Eminem's office but did we hear anything? It's sad."

He added: "If people don't want to do anything, then it's cool, I'm ok with that, but I wouldn't mind if they got back to us."

© Thomas Crosbie Media, 2005.
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=161005418&p=y6yxx6yz4

I know this is not going to make me popular here, but Geldof strikes me as a bit of a bully.

Maybe Eminen didn't get the calls or they weren't passed onto him?

i just hope Bono doesn't go nuts and crash his car with his pregnant girlfriend inside.

financeguy said:
I know this is not going to make me popular here, but Geldof strikes me as a bit of a bully.

Maybe Eminen didn't get the calls or they weren't passed onto him?

You mean the Geldof who told the Canadian Prime Minister that he wasn't welcome in Scotland or something like that? No, no, Mr. Bob is no bully, no :no:

^:giggle: ^ I am rooting for the B man!!
I am not surprised Eminem did not respond:eyebrow:

Geldof didn't even sound that mad in the part where he was actually quoted. And Bono wasn't quoted at all.

I think the writer is trying to spin a sensationalistic story out of nothing.

I think Emimen is a waste of space, but I wouldn't condemn anyone without hearing their side of the story.

Good that EM didnt perform. Would´ve ruined the whole thing with his ducky voice.

snOOpy snOOp snOOpy rocked.

Eminem was in the midst of his addiction to Ambien (sleeping pills) during the Live 8 get together.

I'm not worried about any hypothetical (at *most*, lol, given the calm comment geldof made) 'feud' between eminem and bono...i'm not really worried about eminem much, which is sort of a sad attitude I suppose. Sorry for all his troubles, but he's so damned dismissive and obnoxious...i totally don't get why anybody wants to learn more about him, hear his message. I hope he finds ways to get to sleep without pills and pain, but maybe a great big fucking apology would help!
I'm feeling a bit down on detroit and its denizens too i guess...is it the big ol cars that de-humanize?
cheers...

Last edited:
leave it to eminem to co-opt black culture and then ignore a request to help africans...

eminem's career is over anyway. His last album fell flat and he promptly announced his retirement from rap. and now he's hocking his greatest hits.

see ya later, eminem.

eminem was never anything better than the weird al of rap, which is sad, because he was pretty good when he was serious about his lyrics.

ah well.

and no, not grammy. Eminem beat U2 for the best song category at the 2003 oscars.

he won for "Lose Yourself", beating "The Hands That Built America"

Hm, the Oscar jury is better on other issues.

I don't like Eminem, so I don't care if his career is over or not.
And I think there were enough good musicians at Live8, so nobody missed him.

I used to be an Emimen fan because he is a great rapper, but his new album is absolute trash and has "this is purely to make money" written all over it. That's a common trend in hip hop music, which is why it sucks so bad now. end of rant....

but eminem deserved that oscar more than u2 did..."hands" might be the worst song they ever made. i actually dont like it at all, which is very strange for a u2 tune. "Lose Yourself" is a great song.

about eminem not calling back Bono, he's a prick. typical.

I'm suprised that the lot of you are quick to criticize Marshall Mathers without taking into consideration the things he's done for his own family and children. When the mother of his daughter was out fucking people and snortin football fields of coke, he was the one taking care of his daughter, and still is to this day (not to mention his niece, whom he has custody of as well).

Criticize him for not liking his music, but let's give credit where credit's due. Em is a better father than most non-musicians could ever hope to be. Sure he fucks up from time to time, but he puts his family first, and someone who does that does not deserve my or anyone else's criticism.

For what it's worth, Bono has said that he thinks Em is one of the most genius and infuentual lyricists of this generation.

Back
Top Bottom