(10-28-2004) Bono to Appear in Oxfam Campaign -- VH1*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono to Appear in Oxfam Campaign

Jamelia, Chris Martin and Bono have agreed to appear covered in chocolate, butter and blood - for a new Oxfam campaign. The series of posters will be unveiled next month, showing the Coldplay frontman photographed under a mountain of rice, Michael Stipe covered in milk, and Jamelia wearing nothing more than a few feathers.

--VH1

contactmusic also had this to say about the campaign...

BONO, MICHAEL STIPE and CHRIS MARTIN have teamed up to appear in a startling new advertising campaign for British charity OXFAM.

The rockers, who are joined by RADIOHEAD frontman THOM YORKE and JAMELIA, will be seen in a series of posters promoting Oxfam's MAKE TRADE FAIR drive to combat globalisation.

COLDPLAY frontman Martin appears in the midst of a mountain of rice, Yorke is photographed coated in blood, while pop beauty Jamelia is pictured naked, with only feathers hiding her genitalia.

A source says, "Bono, Chris and Michael are all staunch supporters of the campaign and have done wonders in raising its profile.

"The only sticking point with Thom was that he's an avid vegetarian and didn't want to have real blood poured over him.

"We had to concoct a realistic-looking blood replacement using chocolate. The result is still very powerful."

So, because Thom Yorke is a vegetarian, they are using chocolate, but otherwise they would have used real blood? Yeah, right.

Whoa, wait, is Bono going to be naked and covered in chocolate!?
:faint:

I'm very, very, very, VERY excited about this campaign.

OXFAM are a tremendous organisation, have done great work for many years now...I'm glad Bono is associated with them

Edgette said:
Michael Stipe in milk. Why do I really want to see this? :drool:

PS! Hope you know he´s gay, so you don´t have a chance I´m afraid...

PS! And to be perfectly clear: Why do I NOT want to see that:wink: :wink: :wink:

biff said:
Bono dipped in chocolate? Better move this to PLEBA.:wink:

:lol:

When those pics come out in public... I don't even want to think what PLEBA will be like! :ohmy: :eek: :lmao:

But... seriouly... Bono covered in chocolate!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: :faint: :faint:

I agree with jackboy! :up:

Although I wouldn't mind to see the B-man naked and covered in chocolate :combust: , let's remember what this is all about.

http://www.maketradefair.org

Fair trade for the world's poorest countries is one of the most important issues in the world today. PLEASE support this campaign by Oxfam. :hug:

YOUR LOVE IS TEACHING ME HOW TO KNEEL....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Bono dipped in chocolate, eh? It doesn't get any better than that, I guess! LOL! These ads will definitely be intereeeeesting... *G*

Back
Top Bottom