(10-27-2004) Video! 'Original of the Species' / U2 iPod -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
(10-27-2004) Video from the Lanch of the U2 iPod -- Interference.com *

[SIMG]http://images.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/musicevent_oct04/images/u2102204.gif[/SIMG]
Video from the Lanch of the U2 iPod

Here's the video from yesterday's Apple event with Steve Jobs, Bono and The Edge... and the new U2 iPod.

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

Catch a clip of Bono and Edge performing new track "Original of the Species" at yesterday’s launch of the U2 iPod.

You need to scroll forward to 23 minutes to reach the arrival of Bono and Edge, first with witty speeches, then with the new song.

Thanks to Nathan

doctorwho said:
Gah! I watched almost this whole thing to FINALLY hear U2 sing and they cut it off after about 20 seconds. :mad:

I felt the same way... that sort of sucked.

(10-27-2004) Video! 'Original of the Species' -- U2.com*

Video! "Original of the Species"

Catch a clip of Bono and Edge performing new track "Original of the Species" at yesterday’s launch of the U2 iPod.

Catch the video here.
You need to scroll forward to 23 minutes to reach the arrival of Bono and Edge, first with witty speeches, then with the new song.

--U2.com

"I don't expect you to ever forgive the mullet."

Ah, I love him. OotS sounded great; too bad it was about 20 seconds long... :mad:

Needle_Chill said:
No, it's Original of the Species...

You're thinking of Darwin's speel on natural selection, "Origin of the species". Obviously, the new u2 song is a play on darwin's words.

That song is incredible! I keep replaying the 30 second segment over and over again. God, I love Bono. When I was at Barnes and Noble today I saw Darwin's book Origin of the Species so of course I freaked out because I thought it said Original of the Species.

U2 Poster

Corndog Jenkins said:
Has someone posted Bono's text from the back of the ipod poster? I really enjoyed it, but can't fathom wading through that presentation again.

I was fortunate to meet Bono and the Edge in San Jose this week (see my webpage for pic of me and Bono with poster in hand)!!!!
I was also lucky to have someone from the event give me an extra poster that I got signed by both of them. Id post the pics but I forget how.:scratch:

Anyhow the poster is framed and on my wall and here is what Bono wrote:

"The hardest thing to do is to stick together
mates, family, marriage, business, bands
It's like resisting gravity....its like King Canute sitting in his chair trying to talk back the tide....
but you can, and we have, and we will turn
the waves around....the alternative is too predictable..
you rid the room of argument....you empty your life of the people you need the most.
Bono 04"

:hyper: :applaud:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom