(10-26-2006) Bono and The Edge: Off the Record Debuts Nov 24 - Yahoo News!* - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > 'Zine (archived) > U2 News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:21 AM
(10-26-2006) Bono and The Edge: Off the Record Debuts Nov 24 - Yahoo News!*

Bono and The Edge: Off the Record, Preview of New Series Hosted by Dave Stewart, Debuts Nov. 24, Exclusively on HBO

Show to Feature Top Music Stars Telling Their Stories in Intimate Conversations

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- HBO viewers can get a preview of the new late-night series hosted by Dave Stewart next month when BONO AND THE EDGE: OFF THE RECORD, spotlighting the singer and guitarist from U2, debuts FRIDAY, NOV. 24 (11:00 p.m.-midnight ET/PT). Featuring top music stars from a wide range of genres in intimate conversations, the show will reveal the stories behind their songs. The series will kick off its regular run in January.

Other HBO playdates: Dec. 5 (9:00 p.m.) and 18 (10:15 p.m.).

HBO2 playdates: Nov. 26 (11:30 p.m.) and 29 (10:30 p.m.), and Dec. 9 (4:00 p.m.) and 13 (7:00 p.m.).

Each edition of the new series will be shot before an audience of fellow musicians and fans, and spotlight performers from the worlds of rap, rock, soul, folk, punk, country and blues. Artists will be able to tell their stories in an uncensored environment, citing the songs and performers who influenced them on their journey, as well as breaking down their own songs, while drawing on music videos, concert footage and even home movies.

Host Dave Stewart is one-half of Eurythmics, along with Annie Lennox; the duo's hits include "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)," "Here Comes the Rain Again" and "Would I Lie to You?" In addition to writing numerous songs with Lennox, he has also written with Mick Jagger, Bono, Sinead O'Connor, Bryan Ferry and Jon Bon Jovi, among others. Stewart's producing credits include Jon Bon Jovi, Bob Dylan, Eurythmics, Aretha Franklin, Mick Jagger, Tom Petty and Ramones. As a performer, his latest project is the band Platinum Weird.

One of the show's executive producers is Jimmy Iovine, who is chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records; among the company's artists are Dr. Dre, Gwen Stefani, U2, Eminem, Sting, Beck, 50 Cent, No Doubt, Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow and the Black Eyed Peas. As a producer, Iovine's credits include hit albums by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, U2, Eurythmics, the Pretenders, Stevie Nicks, Bob Seger and Patti Smith.

Executive producer Howard Klein is an executive producer of "The Office" and was an executive producer of HBO's "Carnivale." Executive producer Jonathan Prince was the creator and an executive producer of the series "American Dreams."

The executive producers of BONO AND THE EDGE: OFF THE RECORD are Jimmy Iovine, Gene Kirkwood, Howard Klein, Jonathan Prince and Dave Stewart; co-executive producers, Polly Anthony and Mark Farrell.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061026/lath096.html?.v=57

Old 11-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:21 PM
THANK YOU! I just saw a commercial for this and I was so confused

Old 11-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Yay! I will keep HBO after all!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Don't have HBO yet.. that's subject to change, tomorrow..