(10-23-2006) The Hunt Is On! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So on Channel4.com if you keep refreshing you get (what I think) is a U2 lyric at the top of the page. But it's not in the ad form that the previous have been.

I've gotten:

I see a ship in the harbor

I'm never gonna say goodbye

This loneliness won't leave me alone

I was looking for another you...

wait are these even U2 lyrics? "I'm never gonna say goodbye" seems like it is from Kite maybe, but the rest I think are just random.

I'm confused now...how many letters are there so far?

I have 1 L, 2 O's (assuming Japan's two-banner doesn't count), 2 U's and one S.

U2girl said:

that is what I have...I found the S today so the location of the concert is out

U2girl said:

U2Girl,

This is the way I see it

Definitely in:
1) See the bird with the (l)eaf in her mouth
2) Blue eyed b(o)y meets brown eyed girl
3) You're packing a s(u)itcase . . .
4) We can be (o)ne
5) See the (s)tone set in your eyes
6) Yo(u)'re the reason why the opera is in me

Some are debating whether the second "Blue eyed b(o)y meets brown eyed girl" on the japanese website counts as another "o" AND whether or not the "Yo(u)'re the reason I sing" on MP3 was a "fake".

Achtung Ya'll said:
So on Channel4.com if you keep refreshing you get (what I think) is a U2 lyric at the top of the page. But it's not in the ad form that the previous have been.

I've gotten:

ship - from blue monday - new order
lonliness - many rivers to cross - jimmy cliff
another you - starsailor

dunno about the never gonna say goodbye one!

ps - i love the guess the lyric game. i could play ALL DAY LONG! :)

larlar said:

On one hand it would be nice if "we all had a chance".

On the other hand, true U2 fans aren't going to have a problem tracking down a couple ads. But if the lyric hunt answers are posted on teh interweb and become common knowledge, then a lot of less deserving people will enter.

And I'd rather a true U2 fan win.

Achtung Ya'll said:

I've gotten:

wait are these even U2 lyrics? "I'm never gonna say goodbye" seems like it is from Kite maybe, but the rest I think are just random.

Case. In. Point.

Sweden's TV4
sweden.jpg

I saw the mp3 (USA) one. It was there crystal clear. I don't know who is suggesting that it was a fake. It was on the site. It wasn't a pop up. How do you fake that? I got it off the mp3 site around 9am PST the other day and off the main page.

I saw the mp3 (USA) one. It was there crystal clear. I don't know who is suggesting that it was a fake. It was on the site. It wasn't a pop up. How do you fake that? I got it off the mp3 site around 9am PST the other day and off the main page.

I saw it too, but it DID appear a bit out of focus compared to the other banner ads. Also, it did not appear (to me) as a banner ad, but rather an image associated with the website's story about the contest. This story is still there, but the image running with it is now just a generic picture of the U218 cover with no lyrics at all, let alone any highlighted letters... Curious.

Roland of Gilead said:
OK, hope you're right on that and also wishing you see the banner up again and off the main page.

:scratch:

I agree with all those who have said it's confusing.

I'm going to wait to try and figure out the sentence until I've found all the letters.

Like many of you have already said, it looks like it might be something to do with Hawaii, but it's really not worth all this stress at the moment. I may stress out more later on. :)

philjw said:

I saw it too, but it DID appear a bit out of focus compared to the other banner ads. Also, it did not appear (to me) as a banner ad, but rather an image associated with the website's story about the contest. This story is still there, but the image running with it is now just a generic picture of the U218 cover with no lyrics at all, let alone any highlighted letters... Curious.
Ditto! I thought the same thing when I saw that poor quality banner and a bit illegible.

the commeraderie on this thread is amazing... Thanks to all of you who are keeping up with this contest...I am keeping up as much as possible but am not allowed to access certain sites at work...it would be truly awesome if someone from this message board wins....
Thanks for all the updates !!!!

Deirdre

I still think it's:

LOU REED'S HOUSE

:lol:

As for the mp3.com ad, we don't have any real proof of whether it's real or not. I will agree though that the quality of it was rather poor. It looked as though someone had taken an existing ad banner and resized it (and may have played around with the lyrics on it)? Maybe the website, not thinking about what they were doing, decided to put up an "example" banner to accompany their announcement of the contest, so users would know what to look for. Maybe they deleted after they realized people were mistaking it for a clue. :shrug:

yep i see it after about 50 refreshes :huh:

should really be a static banner.
otherwise people are just gonna check the site, not see it and move on.

Unfortunately, my browser can't access images from certain host sites -- I couldn't see this one for that reason, although I could tell something U2 related was there through the activity log. Hopefully this is the only one...

ozone said:

Case. In. Point.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

That I'm not a deserving fan b/c I got some lyrics confused?

To me the first couple sounded like they coulda been in a U2 song. I couldn't remember exactly and wasn't going to go delving into lyrics archives just to find out. Then I realized, as I said in my initial post, that the lyrics just seemed random and that I thought the goodbye one may have been from Kite (but it was actually this lyric: I know that this is not goodbye).

I just thought I'd point it out as it was interesting to me. I didn't think it was an actual part of the game.

happy880 said:

and that came from someone who's been registered with interference since 2000?? :confused:

Yeah? So? I got confused...big whoop.

I've been a U2 fan for years and years. I've spent so much money on U2 it's ridiculous. Christ I even have the MacPhisto logo tattooed on my back.

Last edited:
:scream:

so, what's the "score"?

PS: you should use the format I use to have it up to date... is on page 3 I think

Back
Top Bottom