(10-23-2006) The Hunt Is On! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
larlar said:

On one hand it would be nice if "we all had a chance".

On the other hand, true U2 fans aren't going to have a problem tracking down a couple ads. But if the lyric hunt answers are posted on teh interweb and become common knowledge, then a lot of less deserving people will enter.

And I'd rather a true U2 fan win.

larlar = alanah?

I personally would think that the U from mp3.com would be a fake since there's already a lyric from the same song on the Sweden site with the same letter. Unless they're using the same songs twice. I'm confused :scratch:

sweden.jpg

another U.

what are the letters so far? :huh:

ETA: may there is gonna be more than 18 lletters?

Last edited:
well I'm quite confused by the competetion.:huh:

There's been a fake banner. There has been appearing and disappearing banners on the Austrian site.
I found two banners myself today. On Sweden site and Hotpress site.

But haven't they said that they'd post one lyrics banner every day, not two or more? Or maybe I'm wrong. Actually I have a mess in my head right now.

And how many letters do we have so far?

I have: L, O, S, U, U. Only three days of the competition and already 5 letters.

I have

Hot Press = S

Holland - Telegraaf Newspaper = O

Japan - Asahi Sports = O

Japan - Asahi Culture = O

Austria = U

Sweden = U

USA-MP3 if it's real = U

so i have 6 letters, 7 if mp3 is real

Guys,

the banner with U wasn't on the main page from mp3.com. Why it's so hard to understand that was a fake? Until now, all letters in the banners from other websites was up on the main page.

Think a bit about it!

:eyebrow:

There's at least one more O (from boy and one) - two if you count the japanese site twice (posted on both pages). And another U if the MP3 site was not a fake.

Yeah, this is going faster than I anticipated.

I'm not going to rule out the U on MP3 just yet. I'll keep checking back and if there's ever something different, then you know for sure it's fake.

I think the lyric from De telegraaf is showing up all over that website, because the ads are revolving.

If you see the lyric on the front page, you were lucky to come there at the right time.
'Cause a moment later you would have seen another ad.

You forgot the L on u2.com

happy880 said:
I have

Hot Press = S

Holland - Telegraaf Newspaper = O

Japan - Asahi Sports = O

Japan - Asahi Culture = O

Austria = U

Sweden = U

USA-MP3 if it's real = U

so i have 6 letters, 7 if mp3 is real

NYCGrace said:
I don't think the Japanese sites count as two separate Os because they had the same banner.

:yes:

If they want to use the same song, they will take a different lyric from it. This has happened with "Sometimes...".

telegraaf banner is revolving around the website. The first time I visited it was on the front page and then I went back a few minutes later and it was gone. It took me at least 5 minutes of clicking around the website before it pulled up again (hitting refresh changes the banners as well). Quite tricky if you ask me...

I have to agree with Alanah that the pattern has been to place the banner on the front page. Did anyone actually see the posting on MP3.com????

As for the two Japan sites I think it is safe to say that you only use one "O"

Additionally the Austrian site is the only one who has pulled their banner after posting it. I did see this one and can vouch that it was there to begin with. Perhaps this is what happened on MP3.com....

I did see the mp3.com banner yesterday, but it was not on the front page. I had to click under the news section where it announced a U2 lyrics contest. I only saw it once though yesterday.

so the tracklist now is:
New year's day
With or without you
The Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Sometimes
every letter is taken from U2's single so you think that is the possible tracklist?

sandc said:
I did see the mp3.com banner yesterday, but it was not on the front page. I had to click under the news section where it announced a U2 lyrics contest. I only saw it once though yesterday.
Yeah, I too saw the banner with U but I doubt yet it's true.

:eyebrow:

34ywi9g.jpg

i'm really confused right now...

1. mp3.com... true or fake?

2. two different banner for "sometimes..."

3. New year's day? when? where?

I only have 6 banners... and 2 of them are from "sometimes..."

1. Good question!
2. This will become more clear once we figure out if the mp3.com banner was a fake.
3. "We can be one" banner from the Holland newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom