(10-21-2004) U2 To Spend 2005 Touring/Second Single News - Undercover*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 To Spend 2005 Touring

By Paul Cashmere

U2 will tour the world to promote their new album 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and Australia is being considered for late 2005.

The tour will kick off in the USA in March, 2005.

'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' is U2's 11th studio album although Bono calls it their first. "It is our first album and Vertigo is the first single from our first album" he says in reference to the most U2 sounding album since Rattle and Hum.

Tracks being considered for the second single are 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' and 'All Because of You'. 'Sometimes' was written by Bono about the death of his father. 'All Because of You' is the big, rock sound.

The third single from the album will be released on May 16, 2005. It will be the 25th anniversary to the day of the release of their first record.

Fans of early U2 are will be treated to the early sound on 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'. Early buyers will be able to purchase a special edition containing the bonus track 'Fast Cars' which is the song that contains the lyric 'how to dismantle an atomic bomb'. The special edition will be in a limited box and contain a DVD featuring highlights from the making of the album and the band talking about certain tracks.

'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' is due for release on November 21.

Thanks to starsgoblue!

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/oct04/20041020_u2.html

Good information to find Starrs. Well I guess i don't have as much time as I thought that they are going to start the tour in the USA. Well I am far from complaining. I have planning to do. :)

he says in reference to the most U2 sounding album since Rattle and Hum.

Eh?!!!? *Scratches head with confusion*

If its possible for any album at all to be the most 'U2 sounding' which I don't think is possible, why on earth would Rattle & Hum be more 'U2 sounding' than Achtung Baby, or All That You Can't Leave Behind, or Pop even?

U2 have evolved with each album surely, making a different noise with a different vibe each time.

Very odd statement.

u2exit.com/htdaab/TOTP.shtml
:bow: for all because of you

Last edited:
What's better than one U2 single?

Yes, two U2 singles. That's what I was getting at.

Of course, the Sox beating the Yankees in game 7 last night, (THE biggest :censored:-up in playoff history) is pretty damn close! :up:

Back
Top Bottom