(10-21-2004) Fans return notes stolen from Bono 23 years ago - The Oregonian*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teta040 said:
How did U2log get those pics!?!?! THAT is fishy....is Bono so over the moon about this that he took them over to Edge's place today and had him upload them?!?! I mean, if this was highly personal stuff, I doubt all of it was in the public eye.

If you actually READ the story, it tells you how we got the pictures.

Isn't weird that if Bono would not have gotten his briefcase stolen that many aspects of U2's history would have been altered?? :huh:
Wow, I been hearing about this incident ever since I discovered U2.

Could this possibly mean:

:hyper: MORE NEW ALBUM MATERIAL!!??!! :hyper:

Since it seems they've gone full circle with their musical sound (I think HTDAAB sounds much like their early stuff)

WOW...what a fantastic story...I can't believe first of all, that someone STOLE them in the first place, but even moreso, that they then LEFT THEM in the attic of that house!!! Unreal.

Congrats to the boys...I bet this is a big relief to them!!! Would love to see those "lost lyrics" sometime...

RockNRollDawgie said:
I got the impression these 2 women didn't steal it, but found it. The people who stole it moved away.

Yeah, thats the version I read in our local paper, that she found it in the attic of a house she rented.

I'll have to read this version...

The Today show had the 2 women on this morning talking about how the briefcase & lyrics were found. It's an old house, and the briefcase was behind a wooden panel that she removed while cleaning out the attic. :eyebrow:
Personally, I don't think the lady who actually found the lyrics was a U2 fan of any sort (I mean really, how could she be) and didn't really know what she had untill her co-worker looked at the briefcase and started trying to contact principal management.
It was a brief but nice report to see unexpectedly this morning with my first cup of coffee.:wink: Especially the shots of U2 at Red Rocks and Bono singing a brief snippet ONE. (which has nothing to do with the October album, but nice nontheless)
:love:

Yeah that was an awesome story. My best friend works for MTV Canada and did the interview in Vancouver with one of the chicks (obviously the one in Vancouver). I think that it's awesome that she returned the goods 'cause she could've e-bayed it or something.

atikicat said:
A U2 fan finds a briefcase with Bono's passport, notes, photos, personal letters, etc. in 1981 and keeps it for 23 years because she didn't know it was lost/stolen and was too busy to try and return it? I find that very strange, but I'm glad she finally gave it back.

Actually the suitcase was unopened according to an interview on MTV Canada until recently and from a journalist like myself, trying to get a hold of the right people when you're nobody but a common person can be a hard thing to do.

A lot of you have your facts wrong regarding the story. For those who live in Canada, watch the interview with the girls later this week for the details of the story. I'm going to say it here 'cause things get mixed up a lot. You will have a chance to hear their side of the story. If you do not have MTV canada, I will see what I can do about a transcription from my best friend.

Back
Top Bottom