(10-17-2006) U218 Singles - Hunt The Lyric - Fly to Honolulu -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U218 Singles - Hunt The Lyric - Fly to Honolulu

Know your U2 lyrics? Read on......'U218 Singles' launches with a worldwide internet competition - Hunt The Lyric - which will run for two weeks from next Monday. The prize is an all expenses paid trip to see the final show of the Vertigo//Tour at the Aloha Stadium in Honolulu with Special Guests Pearl Jam. Read how to Hunt The Lyric here.

'U218 Singles' launching with a new competition, Hunt The Lyric, which will run for two weeks from next Monday, October 23rd.

Banners featuring short lyrical excerpts from U2's songs will be posted on websites around the world. To enter the competition you must locate these hidden lyrics, aided by different clues which we'll be posting here on U2.com. (We'll let you know which other sites are participating in the competition in the next few days.)

Each lyrical excerpt will have one letter highlighted; fans will be asked to collect all the letters to have an opportunity to win. At the end of the competition, we'll ask you to use the letters collected to answer a question. Those who get the right answer are in with a chance to win the trip to see the final show on the
Vertigo//Tour at the Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.

We'll be announcing the winner on November 6. (All competition entrants must be 18 or over).

--U2.com

Update

Canadian entertainment site Dose.ca is one of the sites participating in the hunt, according to Canada.com.

Last edited:
:crazy: Dammit.... and I was completely at ease with the fact that there's no way in Hell I could go to Hawaii in December. Now there's a contest that I have no chance of Hell in winning, but that I feel compelled to participate in, on the off chance that this could be the one lucky break in my life. Thanks. :|

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'll definately have to look into this once it's up & running. :yes:

i really hope it's not only for paying members since i'm not one.
and i really want to win it cos i've never been to a U2 gig since they've never played indonesia.
dammit!
anyone knows how many winners they will pick?

Uh-oh ... time to quit my job so I can devote myself 100% to surfing the web... NOT. I hope someone here has the time to actually spend on this and win it! Me ... resigned to staying in OH and watching the Chicago video that night.

I love these kind of competitions... Last time round in 2000 when you could win tix for the club gig at the Astoria in London, answering the questions was a walk in the park.
I really hope it's more difficult this time.........

mmmm, first clue and letter was easy to get and to make it all easier, I think I've got the answer to the competition... What about honolulu hawaii?

F*&K
Read this in the terms of condition of the competition....

"ELIGIBILITY This competition is open to any legal resident of the UK (excluding; residents of Ireland)."

UK residents only!!!!!!! What about the rest of the world???

Back
Top Bottom