(10-14-2004) 'Do They Know It's Christmas' to be Released Again -- contactmusic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"Do They Know It's Christmas" to be Released Again

Legendary BAND AID charity single DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS? will be remixed and released for the third time later this year (04).

The song, originally sung by stars including BONO, STING, DURAN DURAN and GEORGE MICHAEL on its release in December 1984, will again raise money for famine relief in Africa.

The new version will have the 1989 Band Aid II version of the song on the B-Side, and has the full support of original Band Aid organisers SIR BOB GELDOF and MIDGE URE.

Geldof says, "I'm 100 per cent behind it. The money will be critical as there are more severe famine conditions now and it will get worse in the next couple of months.

"It is too easy to say who will remix the record. I might leave that for Midge to sort out."

UNIVERSAL records boss LUCIAN GRANGE says, "We are going to remix the original. We want to bring it up to date, give it new character. But it is a stunning record and will be difficult to better."

--contactmusic

EXCELLENT NEWS! :yes:

I remember when "DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS" first came out in 1984 and the TREMENDOUS IMPACT it had then on the world to get involved and DO SOMETHING to help alleviate world poverty.

One can only hope that its new re-release will have the same impact on a new generation of listeners.:wink:

Thanks for the info.

FEED THE WORLD....:happy:

Back
Top Bottom