(10-12-2005) Rush vs. Bono -- Salon.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rush vs. Bono

Rush Limbaugh seems intent on trying to bring down Bono: On his show on Tuesday, he launched into a long tirade against the new übersexuals, including Bono, and then started claiming that the U2 frontman has a mistress, despite being married for 23 years. When a caller asked how Rush could possibly know this, he said, "You people are just going to have to trust me on this."

--Salon.com

Who even knew that blowhard drug addict was still on the air ? What an ass ! Meanwhile his girlfriend Daryn Kagan of CNN jumps through hoops to conduct as many interviews as she can with Bono and then drools all over him. Me thinks rush is merely jealous.

Rush...Rush..Rush. He is just trying to provoke a reaction from Bono that would try to politicize the issues that he stands for - you know, "Bono attacks Limbaugh - Bono hates the right wing" - that kind of shit.

Small minded tactics from a small man (figuratively speaking).

This is all I have for Rush......IDIOT!
Violence07.gif

I think several posters are on the right track here.

First, Rush must have found out how mentioning Bono's name on the air will give you an immediate upsurge in interest so Rush trying to "up his ratings" is probably part of the reason why he brought up such a silly subject as an "ubersexual" on his program.

Second, I really would have thought that Limbaugh would have found out with his own bad fortunes with the law not to judge others or to allude negative things about others.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw the first stone - lest they shatter the fragile domicile in which they live. :ohmy:

This was really desparate, Rush - and will backfire on you.

You brought it on yourself.:wink:

Rush has been dissing Bono for years, but his trash talking never before reached the hateful level that it has now.

All I have to say is: consider the source, folks. Consider the source.

And I hope Principle Management sues his ass--and that's a big ass to sue!!!

AngelofHarlem01 said:
Can we go kick Rush Limbaugh's ass? please please please:wink:

:hyper:
I'll add a pretty pretty please

it's one thing to attack Bono for his political views, his music, his taste in fashion/hats...but this is really low:madspit:

edited found this on google news:

"This is so absurd it doesn't deserve a response," the U2 spokesperson told Page Six. "However, Bono and Edge have been spending a lot of time together in New York lately..."

:lol:

Last edited:
just wondering..why is this posted in the news section if threads about it elsewhere are being closed because talking about their private lives/marriages isn't allowed?

I had originally put the info to contact Rush and give him a piece of your mind, but upon thinking about it - F*** him!

If wants attention, he should go buy a puppy...although I'd call the ASPCA and if it taken away from him.

Last edited:
if you read his website he was reacting to a news article calling bono a Ubersexual, and he says he retracted it, becasue it was only speculation and he cant confirm or deny it. besides this i have heard of this before and not from rush, actually from a u2 lighting person. So it was not a shocker to me, although i hope bono is wiser than that. But even if by some freak chanceif he did make a mistake i hope he would make amends

in addendum to my previous post, i am a drug counselor and am appaled at the lack of sincerity by these so called U2 fans about the drug addict comments, have more friggin sympathy for people with a disease!!!!!!! pathetic. You can hate rush or vilify him, but leave drug abuse out of it. Many many people suffer horribly from this disease and is nothing to joke about. You cant support africa and bash people with a serious illness

This is the best news I've heard all year - this is what's supposed to be happening. Instead of glad handing these evil bastards it's great to see them spewing nonsense about the B man. Good. With friends like Rush Limbaugh who needs enemies.

Here's Limbaugh's retraction:

RUSH: Okay, it's half mea culpa time and half going-to-cover-my-bets-the-other-way time. The person who confided in me long ago about the extramarital status of the rock 'n' roll super crooner Bono has just now sent me a clarifying note saying, "Ah, maybe that was just speculation. I wouldn't say it on the air."

I said, "Well, thanks for telling me this so many years ago -- definitively." But nevertheless I will retract it since I personally don't know it.

Frankly, it's rock 'n' roll. I can't imagine anybody being surprised, but that's compounding my error, and so I take that back, too.

HOW TO DIAMANTLE AN ATOMIC BLOWHARD

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION:Rush had a mistress but while giving her a bear hug she popped and flew around the room!Look's like it's time for Rush to cut back on his med's!peace,the Rockmeister.

The AP ran a story back in 1993 that "The First Time" was written for Christy Turlington, whom Bono was having an affair with.

BOYO3221 said:
in addendum to my previous post, i am a drug counselor and am appaled at the lack of sincerity by these so called U2 fans about the drug addict comments, have more friggin sympathy for people with a disease!!!!!!! pathetic. You can hate rush or vilify him, but leave drug abuse out of it. Many many people suffer horribly from this disease and is nothing to joke about. You cant support africa and bash people with a serious illness

Sorry, but I don't buy the "disease" excuse. According to my dictionary a disease is something that is transmitted and you catch, not something self-inflicted. Second, Rush is a hate monger, who has vehemently attacked other drug abusers. You should be lecturing him on that, not U2 fans who recognize hypocrisy. Not everyone deserves sympathy by the criteria of being a drug addict or alcoholic -- Stalin was an alcoholic, should we have sympathy for him! Rush is a danger to America. Hate and war are not supposed to be American values, especially when preached by an addict -- former or not.

MrBrau1 said:
The AP ran a story back in 1993 that "The First Time" was written for Christy Turlington, whom Bono was having an affair with.

That "affair" was addressed explicitly in Bill Flanagan's book.
Here's a quote:

[Bono speaking] "Now, you know there's been stories in the tabloids about me and Christy. So all the papers run pictures of Christy kissing me [at a Paris fashion show] and don't mention that my wife was right there!" Bono shakes his head and chuckles. There has been gossip that he and Christy were having an affair ever since she started coming around with Adam and Naomi, and for a long time no one around U2 was very bothered by it. When Bono told his wife last summer that he would avoid hanging around with Christy so that the tabloids wouldn't get fed, Ali chastised Bono for it and told him that Christy is a lovely girl and if he lets the gossip press run his life, then he's a sap. "Don't miss the opportunity", Ali advised. But since the Adam scandal [a wild binge involving hookers, reported in the tabloids] Bono is more concerned with setting the record straight.
"You know, I had fun flirting with Christy, but I never had an affair with her! I wouldn't. After introducing these beautiful women to my wife they all lost interest in me! They're HER friends now."

I wouldn't be surprised if this situtation was the source of the "long ago speculation" that Limbaugh reported as "fact" and then almost immediately retracted.

Back
Top Bottom