(10-12-2005) Bono, Clooney Named Top Ubersexuals -- Zap2It.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono, Clooney Named Top Ubersexuals

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Metrosexuals are like, so 2003. Make way for the ubersexuals.

U2 frontman/Nobel Prize nominee Bono has been named the ultimate ubersexual, according to advertising agency JWT.

An ubersexual is defined as a manly man who displays all the good qualities -- "M-ness" -- associated with the gender without giving into the negative stereotypes such as chauvinism, emotional unavailability and a brain only filled with sports stats, beer and burgers.

"The descriptor 'uber' was chosen because it means the best, the greatest," says Marian Salzman, JWT's executive VP. "Ubersexuals are the most attractive [not just physically], most dynamic, and most compelling men of their generations. They are confident, masculine, stylish, and committed to uncompromising quality in all areas of life."

Following Bono is actor/director George Clooney, former President Bill Clinton ("a born charmer ... who is not afraid to cry), real estate mogul Donald Trump and the Governator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Rounding out the Top 10 are: Senator Barack Obama, Ewan McGregor, former 007 Pierce Brosnan, Guy Ritchie and "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart.

To help differentiate between metrosexuals and ubersexuals, JWT provided the following guide:

UBERSEXUAL - passionate about causes and principles; METROSEXUAL - passionate about himself

UBERSEXUAL - grooms his mind; METROSEXUAL - grooms his hair

UBERSEXUAL - men are his best friends; METROSEXUAL - are BFF with women

UBERSEXUAL - sexy, but not self-conscious; METROSEXUAL - narcissistic

UBERSEXUAL - consults art and culture; METROSEXUAL - gets tips from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" Fab Five

UBERSEXUAL - knows right from wrong; METROSEXUAL - knows difference between toner and exfoliant

"UBERSEXUAL - passionate about causes and principles; METROSEXUAL - passionate about himself

UBERSEXUAL - men are his best friends; METROSEXUAL - are BFF with women"

i specially like these two.

May I simply ask why this is news?

I would really appreciate a sensible answer to this question since all this uber cr#p is what got Bono's fidelity in question yesterday on Limbaugh's show.

I think this is just some advertising group trying to gain notoriety by mentioning Bono's name.

Can we have a rational discussion? :wink:

Ok...I don't really agree with the news...but clad that Bono is at the top...though he was still at the top on my list:wink: ...way before this contest!!!

Cathxxx

Jamila said:
May I simply ask why this is news?

I would really appreciate a sensible answer to this question since all this uber cr#p is what got Bono's fidelity in question yesterday on Limbaugh's show.

I think this is just some advertising group trying to gain notoriety by mentioning Bono's name.

Can we have a rational discussion? :wink:

Relax. It's just harmless fluff that happens to be a nice compliment to Bono. I'm all for rational, serious discussion, but not 24/7 necessarily.

I don't understand why The Donald and Schwarzzenegger are on this list though. :huh:

Metros are just gays who are afraid to come out of the closet. Come on, stop kidding yourself.

I like the term übersexual, even if it's some bullshit hot phrase someone randomly made up that no one will use five years from now. And...Donald Trump? Come on, that man should not be in the same sentence as "sexual," no matter HOW much money he has. Bono on the other hand... he's just sexual. no prefix required.

hcbiggs2002 said:
As trivial or as insigicant as this may be but I still have to agree that Bono is the ultimate ubersexual male !!!!:bow: :bono: :drool: :heart:

Can't help but agree wholeheartedly! :yes:

By the way, did anyone see the photo of Bono In People magazine where he is kissing a fan through a glass window?
talk about sexy. LUCKY GIRL!! ( it's in the latest issue)

Carek1230 said:
I just heard this word for the first time this week and kinda like it.

(agreed, it does not, however, describe Trump!)

NO KIDDING!! Trump, ubersexual? The man can't even comb his hair!!!! :shame:

Back
Top Bottom