(10-12-2004) 'Vertigo' Reviewed -- Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"Vertigo" Reviewed

U2
Vertigo
Producer(s): Steve Lillywhite
Writer(s): U2
Publisher(s): Universal Music
Genre: ROCK
Label/Catalog Number: Interscope INTR-11220 (CD promo)
Source: Billboard Magazine
Originally Reviewed: October 16, 2004

U2's new studio album, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" (due Nov. 23), is one of the year's most anticipated releases. So it is no surprise that lead single "Vertigo" is proving to be an immediate smash. Last week, the wickedly danceable rock jam debuted at No. 18 and No. 46, respectively, on the Billboard Modern Rock and Hot 100 charts. From its opening "Uno, dos, tres, quatro" countdown, "Vertigo" remains powerfully on point, with political activist/singer Bono offering smart, piercing lyrics: "The night is full of holes/Those bullets rip the sky/Of ink with gold/They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll/They know that they can't dance/At least they know." In the song's chorus, his bold delivery turns into an even bolder wail: "I'm at a place called vertigo/It's everything I wish I didn't know/Except you give me something I can feel." Emotion you can feel. Bravo.—MP

--Billboard

Thanks Grhawi!

Yes, it´s ¨unos¨which is not grammatically correct in Spanish and must be a mistake on the part of Bono. It should correctly be ¨uno¨. Also, the reviewer calls it a countdown - it is quite clearly a ¨countup¨and not a countdown...

LeopoldoBloom said:
Yes, it´s ¨unos¨which is not grammatically correct in Spanish and must be a mistake on the part of Bono.

I guess Bono should never have thrown that dog turd at his Spanish teacher. But then I guess if he hadn't, he might not have switched schools, which means he wouldn't have been around to see that notice Larry put up. Hmmmm.....Maybe there's more to all of this Spanish stuff than we think?:wink:

yeah i agree babyman. At least it's feeding that damn hype machine.

Back
Top Bottom