(10-09-2006) 'U218 Singles'... - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'U218 Singles'...

.. is the title of the single disc 'best of' coming in just a few weeks. Featuring 16 of the band's best known songs, 'U218 Singles' also includes two new tracks produced by Rick Rubin at Abbey Road Studios last month. A limited edition bonus live CD comes with it... and a DVD's on the way too.

Still waiting to hear about the tracklisting on 'U218 Singles' but the bonus live CD will feature 10 songs from the Vertigo Tour stop in Milan last year while the 'best of' DVD is a collection of videos from 'U218 Singles'.

The first of the two new tracks is the collaboration with Green Day on The Skids’ 'The Saints Are Coming', released as a single later this month.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2004

Forget about the "Best of" singles....but YEAH! to the LIVE CD! And Milan!
Only a shame that they decided not to release the Milan DVD with it.

The bonus CD is an excellent idea, you know, previously unreleased stuff ...

but the bonus DVD is such a shame, the worst way of wasting a DVD space!. The same videos again and again?. Unforgivable, really. They have many lesser known videos that could have been included there instead (A Celebration, Two Hearts Beat As One, Sunday Bloody Sunday - Live Loreley 1983, featured on UABRS EP -, A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad - UF Collection -, In God's Country, Red Hill Mining Town, One Tree Hill, Spanish Eyes, It's Christmas Baby Please Come Home, God Part II, Night And Day, Until The End Of The World, EBTTRT - Remix -, Love Is Blindness, Lemon - Remix - , Mission Impossible, etc).

If they're going to release a bonus CD from a previously unreleased concert, why not releasing a bonus DVD with previously unreleased live footage? The New Year's Concert 1989 for example? :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yet another "deluxe edition" that is a huge dissapointment. The only one decent item will be the bonus live CD. The main CD and the DVD will be just as throwaway as HTDAAB "deluxe edition".

U2.com has the single cover for "The Saints Are Coming"

303_main1.jpg

bort269 said:
according to www.u2swisshome.com it WILL be a 10-track MILAN DVD!!!!!!!!!!!

"we got this info from universal:

title: "U218 Singles"
release: november 17

formats:
CD
vinyl
CD+DVD (dvd with 10 tracks from milan 2005, NOT A CD!)
DVD (with video clips)

no tracklists mentioned.

we have the cover artwork here:

www.u2swisshome.com/d/news
or
www.u2swisshome.com/f/news

www.u2swisshome.com"

The limited edition will have a 10 songs live from Milan CD not dvd....that is what is says on U2.COM.The DVD will be videos from the 16 songs from the best of CD

Cigar said:

The limited edition will have a 10 songs live from Milan CD not dvd....that is what is says on U2.COM.The DVD will be videos from the 16 songs from the best of CD

look what is said on Universal.ie

"U218 Singles will be released on CD and 12”vinyl, there will also be a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 live tracks from Vertigo//05 in Milan, Italy. This best of will also be released as a full length DVD with a collection of videos from U218 Singles."

:eek: :up: :dancing: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I will be honest in saying that I won't be running out to the record stores anytime soon to be purchasing the new best of as there are other CD's on my "wishlist" this year, however, it will still be interesting to see the final product none the less. I am all up for a live album.

dsmith2904 said:
U2.com has the single cover for "The Saints Are Coming"

303_main1.jpg

So it won't be those photos shoot that they took,crossing the street of Abbey Road??????????

Cigar said:
So it won't be those photos shoot that they took,crossing the street of Abbey Road??????????

From the look of it these photos were shot by Anton Corbijn, so they are from the same sessions.
:wink:

perrypickwick said:

look what is said on Universal.ie

"U218 Singles will be released on CD and 12”vinyl, there will also be a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 live tracks from Vertigo//05 in Milan, Italy. This best of will also be released as a full length DVD with a collection of videos from U218 Singles."

:eek: :up: :dancing: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well,the official website of the band says a live "CD" of 10 songs from The Milan.I know U2.COM is run by a bunch of incompetent but i hope they know the difference between CD and DVD.

I wonder how many of the Milan tracks will be re-releases of previously released songs? (Do we need another release of "Miss Sarajevo"?)

Not snipin', just sayin'...

Cigar said:

Well,the official website of the band says a live "CD" of 10 songs from The Milan.I know U2.COM is run by a bunch of incompetent but i hope they know the difference between CD and DVD.

Right now, I hope they don't know the difference or forgot to think, when they wrote that!! I want my Milan DVD :drool:

Last edited:
So... I'm a little confused here...:huh:

There will be a Cd with the 18 songs...
Also a limited edition Cd+DVD (or Cd as U2. com says)
Also a DVD with the videos of the compilation (separated)
And a vinyl one... if I'm wrong please correct me

When this "best of" project started off and knowing that there would be a limited edition I hope that the limited edition included a DVD... like for instance all the videos of the compilation (even though someone said earlier that it was the same thing again and again; for me it would be great) or something interesting (documentals etc...) but a Milan DVD with 10 songs is really cool:drool: although I would like it more to be the full lenght gig, and sold it separately and the DVD included in the limited would've been the videos... but... that's the way its gonna be...

I don't think the Cd+Cd statement of u2. com is true, I think they made a mistake... A Cd+Cd (live) is not quite interesting knowing the magnitude of the concert visuals and all that; I wouldn't enjoy it... also in many other sites the limited edition is credited as Cd+DVD... its gonna be a DVD:wink: and yes, I would buy it

Awesome! I knew there would be more to this Best Of business than just a lame CD of old songs that everyone already has.

New U2 stuff! :hyper:

corianderstem said:

I can't tell if that's cool and completely creepy and freaking me out.

No kidding! :huh: They look like Janus, the two-faced god from Greek mythology. (I think it was Greek. :uhoh: )

Back
Top Bottom