(10-05-2004) Chernobyl's Got The Edge -- ShowBiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars2/theedge-chernobyl4.jpg[/SIMG]
Chernobyl's Got The Edge

The Edge took a short break from U2's impending album release, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," to attend the screening of a movie which clearly illustrates the ill effects of nuclear energy.

It was like a global sigh of relief when it was announced at the Oscars that "Chernobyl Heart" had won the Academy Award for Best Documentary, and the hard work done by Adi Roche and Ali Hewson had finally got full recognition.

For the documentary takes a long hard look at children born after the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear plant disaster, who have been born with a deteriorated heart condition, and the work of the Chernobyl Children's Project, headed up by Adi and Ali, to help them.

The Oscar winning director of the film, Maryann Deleo, was in attendance at the IFI last Sunday marking the launch of the Stranger Than Fiction Documentary Film Festival 2004.

Although Bono could not be there to support his wife due to his very busy schedule he sent along his second-in-command The Edge to show U2's support for the heart wrenching movie.

It was nice to see that the love affair between The Edge and his better-half Morleigh is still fresh with the two doting over each at the screening. Awwwe, how sweet!

theedge-chernobyl1.jpg

theedge-chernobyl4.jpg

The Edge With CCP's Adi Roche and "Chernobyl Heart" Director Maryann Deleo

theedge-chernobyl5.jpg

Ali Hewson With Roche and Deleo

theedge-chernobyl2.jpg

The Edge With Wife Morleigh Steinberg

--ShowBiz Ireland

U2democrat said:
i wanna see it! a couple years ago i did a paper on the chernobyl disaster. fascinating stuff.

HBO is airing it...

Sat 10/9 10:30 AM HBO2 - EAST
Sat 10/9 01:30 PM HBO2 - WEST
Wed 10/13 02:45 PM HBO2 - EAST
Wed 10/13 05:45 PM HBO2 - WEST

U2 handle an atomic bomb... they couldn't avoid this!

U2democrat, tell me more about your paper about Chernobyl!

lady luck said:
U2 handle an atomic bomb... they couldn't avoid this!

U2democrat, tell me more about your paper about Chernobyl!

I wrote about how the KGB sent out a memo about the plant and testing it and that they knew something could go wrong. Then I talked about the events leading upto, during, and after the explosion. At the end I talked about the horrific effects of it, and about how the sarcophogous (sp?) around the plant is in danger of collapsing and if it would it would create a cloud of radioactive dust that would spread all over europe. i can't remember specifics because i wrote it a couple years ago but as i was doing the research i could understand why ali was so passionate about it.

Back
Top Bottom