(10-04-2006) Bono and Edge Taping TV Interview in NYC Thursday -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DeVaul said:
I got it way after 6 PM, which was the time they said my email would come by. Oh well. This makes up for me not being picked for the NYC book signing. :up:

I wonder what the show is going to be about. Just an interview? Maybe a mini performance? If I bring a sign do you think Bono will let me duet? :wink:

Did they say where it is, what did your confirmation say...spill your beans please?:wink:

Please tell us unlucky ones where the HBO thing is going to be.
I just want to get a glimpse of them.

Hey, I didn't even get to check my computer again until afterwards. Just got in! What an amazing day. We were instructed to pick up tickets at Mo Pitkins on Ave A. From there, we were given wristbands and directions to Joe's Pub, where the taping was to occur. I hustled my arse down there ASAP, and ended up being the 6th person in line. The only gent. Oh well, no complaints! We waited for awhile, many of us escaping the line to hit the restroom at Starbucks. The bathroom line was longer than the coffee line and moving three times slower. Oh well, a quick leak and back to standing outside Joe's. They let us in and sat us down. Dave Stewart (of The Eurythmics) is hosting a show on HBO, interviewing songwriters about the stories behind their songs - the ideas, gestation, development in the studio, etc. Bono & Edge came out (to rapturous applause by an incredibly excited room of lucky fans) and traded stories & jokes with Dave; we were allowed to call out some song names and the boys told us about writing and recording them. We got let out a little before 5 ("be available til 4"? riiiight), and a few of us waited for autographs outside. The Edge got into his car around 5:30 and left without stopping. Hearts sank. There was audible sighing. Right around 6, Bono got in his car. As it rolled alongside us waiting fans, we waved but he wasn't looking back at us. Then, the car stopped. Bono got out! Mine was the first hand he shook. He signed my copy of Boy, took pictures and gave autographs to the other folks there. What a completely humble and decent gentleman! Made my day. Hell, it made my fall! :dancing:

DeVaul said:
Hey, I didn't even get to check my computer again until afterwards. Just got in! What an amazing day. We were instructed to pick up tickets at Mo Pitkins on Ave A. From there, we were given wristbands and directions to Joe's Pub, where the taping was to occur. I hustled my arse down there ASAP, and ended up being the 6th person in line. The only gent. Oh well, no complaints! We waited for awhile, many of us escaping the line to hit the restroom at Starbucks. The bathroom line was longer than the coffee line and moving three times slower. Oh well, a quick leak and back to standing outside Joe's. They let us in and sat us down. Dave Stewart (of The Eurythmics) is hosting a show on HBO, interviewing songwriters about the stories behind their songs - the ideas, gestation, development in the studio, etc. Bono & Edge came out (to rapturous applause by an incredibly excited room of lucky fans) and traded stories & jokes with Dave; we were allowed to call out some song names and the boys told us about writing and recording them. We got let out a little before 5 ("be available til 4"? riiiight), and a few of us waited for autographs outside. The Edge got into his car around 5:30 and left without stopping. Hearts sank. There was audible sighing. Right around 6, Bono got in his car. As it rolled alongside us waiting fans, we waved but he wasn't looking back at us. Then, the car stopped. Bono got out! Mine was the first hand he shook. He signed my copy of Boy, took pictures and gave autographs to the other folks there. What a completely humble and decent gentleman! Made my day. Hell, it made my fall! :dancing:

Awesome...lucky you! I love how Bono stopped the car and got out! What a gem he is to us fans!

No, they just told us where to pick up tickets (which turned out to be wristbands); the taping location was at a different place than the ticket pickup. As I read today, the U2.com boards were deleting posts with the location. I just never got back on my computer until today. The show is supposed to air on HBO November 24th, I believe, for any curious to see. Keep an eye on their schedule; it could change.

devaul:

did edge and bono play any songs during the taping?

No performance, just discussion. Unless you count an acapella rendition of a few lines of "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad" a performance.

DeVaul said:
No, they just told us where to pick up tickets (which turned out to be wristbands); the taping location was at a different place than the ticket pickup. As I read today, the U2.com boards were deleting posts with the location. I just never got back on my computer until today. The show is supposed to air on HBO November 24th, I believe, for any curious to see. Keep an eye on their schedule; it could change.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to seeing it! :)

So, you say you're the only guy? Shouldn't be too hard to find you in crowd shots, then. :wink:

Un-freaking-believable!!! I was at The Public this afternoon to buy tix to see Ed Harris in Wrecks, and I SAW the U2 folks milling about in the lobby! UGH! I actually thought to myself, what's up with this? There aren't any matinees on Thursday. Are they doing a tour of the Public?? Cue: Biiiiig sigh.

DeVaul said:
No performance, just discussion. Unless you count an acapella rendition of a few lines of "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad" a performance.

ha!

thanks for the info.

and congrats!

I made it to the taping as well. I couldn't believe it! It was amaaazing. I never win anything like this in my life.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any hugs, kisses, signatures or handshakes...But during the tape change, Bono gave me a little wave! And I got to touch him when he stopped outside for fans later. So I definitely can't complain. I was on an emotional, adrenaline filled high the whole day.

redsky1024 said:
I made it to the taping as well. I couldn't believe it! It was amaaazing. I never win anything like this in my life.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any hugs, kisses, signatures or handshakes...But during the tape change, Bono gave me a little wave! And I got to touch him when he stopped outside for fans later. So I definitely can't complain. I was on an emotional, adrenaline filled high the whole day.

the whole experience was absolutely wild!
i'm still in shock over what i've experienced!
where were you sitting? i was sitting at the bar...what a crazy, crazy day! :drool:

i was sitting on the velvet couch, in the middle...so swank. it was like watching them on tv in my living room, except they were actually in front of me! so surreal

I was on the couch, too. Whatever happened to "Ed Harris" showing up? HBO crew was full of poop.

Was Ed Harris supposed to show up? All I know is I'll be seeing him from the 3rd row on November 11th. At least something exciting came out of my little visit to the Public Theatre yesterday afternoon!

Hi, I have the interview, but I don´t have the link, if you want you can give me your mail and I will send it to you, is in media player format :)

Here is mine evelincastromolero at yahoo . com

Caroni said:
Hi, I have the interview, but I don´t have the link, if you want you can give me your mail and I will send it to you, is in media player format :)

Here is mine evelincastromolero at yahoo . com

I've removed all of the spaces, but I still can't get your address to work. If you are still willing, you could send the interview to me at biffers@gmail.com.

That would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom