(10-04-2004) Conan to Turn Entire Show Over to U2 - AP*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is just too good to be true! I don't care what the hell they sing! Man I'm gonna be a mess at work Friday, but it will all be worth it. I'm thinking hit the sack at 9:30, set the alarm for about 12:20 just to make sure I'm awake. My daughter says its more like 12:40 when it comes on, but I'm not taking any chances!

Wait. A. Minute.

They are not just going to be performing. They will be doing..INTERVIEWS?!?!?!?!

Oh :censored: In a good way I mean!!!!!

THANK GOd the concert is Friday night, b/c if it wasn't, I'd be screwed. I am not leaving for NYC until Fri morning, so I can tape this.....

PS What's this "In the Year 2000" Edge thing?

PS. Coming off last night's Boston show, they are going to be HOT. The guys were unfreaking believable, and the crowd even better. Even Bono remarked on it. And I'd seen them 2 times before in B town so I could judge how good the show was. I am doing a mini-review in FYM (in an FYM Post....b/c I hang out there. I think many who read a certain post of mine in Zoo Confessionals will want to read this. I am STILL on a high., and ready for more....FRIDAY!!! YES!!!!!) The GA again!!!

OH hell yes!!! I get to see my favorite band late at night!!!! I will have dreams of Adam before I go to bed:drool:

Carmel....dreams of Adam?!?! Have you..er..seen the European cover of Achtung Baby by any chance??:ohmy: HAD to say that....they don;t call him "Sparky" for nothing...:macdevil:

BTW folks..my little "story/review"of last night's Boston show is up in Free Your Mind, in the Nobel Prize thread....THEY WERE INCREDIBLE...The crowd was fantastic....I put it in there b/c that's where I usually hang out on this site and I was supposed to meet some FYM'ers last night...I know some people who would like to see it, that's why I made a note here...some GREAT stories from down in the GA area....including one that will make you cry ( I think.)

Someone must get this on the internet IMMEDIATELY after it happens for the sake of those who don't have NBC.:wink: :wink:

Its gonna be a longgggg day today. (And even longer day tomorrow!) I messed with my VCR last night and it doesn't work properly, no recording for me. I know someone who will do it for me though.

Conan tonight, concert tomorrow night - some people here are very lucky!

Hm, CNBC Europe, who are airing Conan's show here, don't have a date for that show, yet :(

forty said:

Looks like it. Here's the line-up for Conan this week:

Mo 10/3: Bob Costas, Justin Long, Robbie Knievel (R 6/23/05)
Tu 10/4: Freddie Prinze, Jr., Jennifer Esposito, Gogol Bordello
We 10/5: Matthew McConaughey, Jesse Eisenberg, Greg Behrendt
Th 10/6: U2
Fr 10/7: Jon Heder, Jessica Biel, Nada Surf

---------------

The Friday show is gonna suck for sure. Conan will still be on a high and call in sick.

BEVERLY 56 or anybody..

MY VCR is TOTALLY Messed up. Can anybody make a copy for me??? I am actually leaving for NYC tomorrow morning, will be there by 1 PM..(in the GA line! YEAH!!!!!)

I will be offline until Sunday....so please mail me privately at Spindle40@hotmail.com

I'll get back to you Sun evening....ANBODY who can do this I will LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!! I have a HUGE u2 "archive" and I have not missed a visual U2 appearance in the US yet. It would break my heart not to have this crown jewel in my collection.

Will pay for postage and send a blank tape, of course, to anyone who says "yes"...so....help!! I will be audiorecording it tonight off my old trusty "college boombox TV/Radio combo" (and listening to it on the train tomorrow of course!) but the VCR is fritzed....

PS edit.

As to showtime....screw it. Just turn on the TV at 12 AM, midnight ET) and put the VCR on. If you have to sit through the last 20 minutes of Leno then you'll have to suffer. Better that than being late. It never comes on at a fixed time, so midnight is safe.

As to sleep...if the show IS over at 1:30 or hwatever, I have to be up at 7 Am and out to door by 7:30 to leave for the train station..ha ha..but it will be worth it!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom