(09-30-2007) BONO EXPECTS SPIDER-MAN MUSICAL TO SET NEW STANDARDS - Contactmusic.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
BONO EXPECTS SPIDER-MAN MUSICAL TO SET NEW STANDARDS

LATEST: U2 rocker BONO is confident the SPIDER-MAN musical he is currently working on will dazzle audiences, because it will be "something the likes of which no-one has seen or heard". The singer is creating the Spider-Man production with his bandmate The Edge and director Julie Taymor, whose new film Across The Universe he has a cameo in. The U2 stars and Taymor are currently hunting for a New York theatre big enough to house their project, and Bono is already warning audiences to expect the unexpected. He says, "If we pull off what we're trying, it will be something the likes of which no-one has seen or heard. "It should be a hallucinogenic experience for theatregoers. You have the visual energy she (Taymor) brings. The myth of the arachnid and the elasticity of these characters - you can turn theatre upside down." And Bono and The Edge plan to bring a wide range of music to the production. Bono adds, "We've got some punk rock in there and some beautiful opera."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...ider-man musical to set new standards_1045137

Sounds like they are doing more than just the music. I can't wait!

yeaah, i want to go to the premiere, this sounds like its going to be one heck of a musical...plus ive never seen one!

I kinda had my doubts about this at first, but I think now that it might be surprisingly good. Not that I'll ever see it.

Me,too. Me,too.
:drool:
This and U2 - 3D, and maybe a new album,
(this knot in my stomach is growing bigger every day.) How much more can I handle....I need to settle down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom