(09-30-2005) Institute to Open For U2 - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Institute to Open For U2

We enjoy random. As U2 fans, we've gotten used to it.

So today comes news from POLLSTAR that former Bush lead singer and husband to Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale's new band, Institute will open for U2 on the following dates:

Mon 10/24/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
Tue 10/25/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
Sun 11/13/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
Mon 11/14/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
Wed 11/16/05 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
Fri 11/18/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
Sat 11/19/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

To see the confirmation, go here.

For more information on Institute, go here: http://www.institutemusic.com/

Many thanks to zoodishbu!

Last edited:
I have to laugh... not just because that guy is a massive tool, but because the openers for the European leg were so amazing. I swear they went straight to my iPod playlist while I was sleeping and booked all the support acts from there. But here in America... there hasn't been and act on the first or third leg that I can get excited about other than maybe Kanye West, and even that is based more on curiousity about him as a live performer (his records are fantastic) than anything else. But over in Europe... Ash, Interpol, the Killers, Doves, BRMC, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol, Soundrack of our Lives... Good God!

Oh, well... it's still a U2 show so there's nothing to complain about. Just saying you European fans got to see some great bands and we... have... Dashboard Confessinal? Yech.

u2girlcj said:
Bummer. When I saw the headline I thought someone was finally opening an institute devoted to the study and conservation of U2 paraphenalia and performances.

It would be the best job ever. :drool:
Me too!:sad:

Institute is great live. I saw them on their small club tour. However, if you had no interest in Bush...then maybe it's not going to go over well.
I think it's a step up from Dashboard...but I'm a fan of Bush/Institute so I might be slightly bias.:p

I was never a HUGE fan of Bush but I did buy their Sixteen Stone CD back in 94. Saw them at the Rex Theatre here about a month ago for something to do. Gavin played a few Bush songs as well as stuff from Institute's new CD. I think at least the crowd down front will like it. Gavin's a pretty good frontman!

skott100 said:
I have to laugh... not just because that guy is a massive tool, but because the openers for the European leg were so amazing. I swear they went straight to my iPod playlist while I was sleeping and booked all the support acts from there. But here in America... there hasn't been and act on the first or third leg that I can get excited about other than maybe Kanye West, and even that is based more on curiousity about him as a live performer (his records are fantastic) than anything else. But over in Europe... Ash, Interpol, the Killers, Doves, BRMC, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol, Soundrack of our Lives... Good God!

Oh, well... it's still a U2 show so there's nothing to complain about. Just saying you European fans got to see some great bands and we... have... Dashboard Confessinal? Yech.

Agreed.

I'm not complaining by any means, because I'm just glad to be going to a U2 show...but having an opening act I was actually really excited to see would have been some sweet icing on the cake.

I've not heard of Institute. I thought Gavin was currently just being Mr. Gwen. I'm not a Bush fan at all but I know of worse bands they could have chosen to open.

And Gavin's kinda hot so at least we'll have some eye candy to keep us entertained. :wink:

u2girlcj said:
Bummer. When I saw the headline I thought someone was finally opening an institute devoted to the study and conservation of U2 paraphenalia and performances.

It would be the best job ever. :drool:

Yeah, exactly! And I need a new job! :wink:

But no, once again I get some band I never heard of before for the next opening act in my Tour of the Vertigo Tour. :grumpy:

Why can't they schedule The Killers for some of my shows? THAT'S who I wanted for an opening act! :grumpy:

Or even Kanye West? Now he would have been cool to see. But no, he's opening in Utah, of all places. WTF's up with that?

<jobob goes off in search of her usual thread hangouts>

jobob said:

Yeah, exactly! And I need a new job! :wink:

But no, once again I get some band I never heard of before for the next opening act in my Tour of the Vertigo Tour. :grumpy:

Why can't they schedule The Killers for some of my shows? THAT'S who I wanted for an opening act! :grumpy:

Or even Kanye West? Now he would have been cool to see. But no, he's opening in Utah, of all places. WTF's up with that?

<jobob goes off in search of her usual thread hangouts>

The Killers and U2 :drool: :drool: :drool:

BTW, 9/20 was a great show to be your first show, jobob! (Love your sig!) The guy next to me at 9/21 was at his first show and we had much to discuss since he had no idea what to expect. He was a changed man afterwards...just like I told him before it started. :wink:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1510254/20050924/story.jhtml

sq_gavin_intv_050524.jpg

i'm excited to see damian marley in LA...but having just bought Institute's cd, i must say that i wish i could see them open for U2. It's harder and yet more melodic than Bush....plus, gavin is an awesome live performer

skott100 said:

Patti Smith is interesting, mainly for the likelyhood of a Bono/PS duet of Dancing Barefoot or G.L.O.R.I.A..

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom