(09-28-2004) Exclusive: No Opening Acts Confirmed for U2 -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Exclusive: No Opening Acts Confirmed for U2

Despite a flurry of reports naming bands like Scissor Sisters as potential openers for U2's 2005 world tour, Interference.com has been told that no acts have been booked at this time.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for the latest U2 tour and album news.

Good.

If Scissor Sisters were opening for a U2 show I wanted to go to, I hate to say it but I may have had to skip this tour even.

I can never forgive them for murdering Comfortably Numb. Never.

That is tantamount to Kris Kross covering "One", to me.

David gilmour liked it........though Roger thought it was shite. The rest of their album is good and comftorbly numb is not representative of it. Have you heard "take you mama out or Laura?"

:)

I'm glad about the Scissor Sisters thing as well. I really did try to like 'em -just too dancy for me. I just couldn't get the the Bee Gees out of my head...
I'm sure they put on a great live show though...

DaveC said:
Good.

If Scissor Sisters were opening for a U2 show I wanted to go to, I hate to say it but I may have had to skip this tour even.

I can never forgive them for murdering Comfortably Numb. Never.

That is tantamount to Kris Kross covering "One", to me.

lol

they should have no one open and just play longer :up:
They stand on their own they don't need anyone to open :wink:

Scissor Sisters are too camp for my tastes. The Killers , The Walkmen or N.E.R.D would be cool.

brownda7 said:
David gilmour liked it........though Roger thought it was shite. The rest of their album is good and comftorbly numb is not representative of it. Have you heard "take you mama out or Laura?"

:)

You have no idea what Comfortably Numb means to me. I worship that song like a god. I go into a trance whenever I hear it. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY EVER touches Comfortably Numb in my world. If U2 did a cover of C Numb I would still consider it pure shite because there is no way imaginable that it would ever even be able to like the dagos out of the asshole of the original version.

That's why I loathe Scissor Sisters so much.

I can't even comprehend that anyone who's heard the original could ever actually like their album.

I dont mind some Scissor Sisters stuff like Return to Oz maybe er Music is the Victim ..

But the Killers I would much prefer.....

Strong Stuff Dave. Never seen the appeal of Pink Floyd myself but I can understand your deep rooted affection. I've got the Scissor Sisters album and I like some of the stuff on there and it's definately a change of tack in my CD collection. All i can say is that they've obviously covered the song as fans and not just taken the piss. Surely not a reason to 'loathe' the band!

I really don't want an opening act, just more U2 and less time waiting! :hyper:

On the last tour, some people who had seats just tailgated in the parking lot until it was time for U2. You could see the place fill up when it was time for them to take the stage!

I like opening acts, especially if you've been standing there for 10 hours or something waiting. but only if its someone good!

Im still hoping for Snow Patrol!

Back
Top Bottom