(09-27-2006) African Well Fund Wins ePhilanthropy's People's Choice Award -- AWF*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
African Well Fund Wins ePhilanthropy's People's Choice Award

Schenectady, NY – September 26, 2006 – The African Well Fund is honored to have won ePhilanthropy Foundation's first annual Global People's Choice Award. The award was announced at the 2006 International ePhilanthropy Awards September 21 in New York City. The African Well Fund was selected for the Global People's Choice Award by visitors to the ePhilanthropy Foundation's web site who were asked to vote for their favorite among the Awards finalists. AWF was selected as a finalist for its annual Build a Well for Bono’s Birthday fundraising drive.

The annual International ePhilanthropy Awards honor individuals, organizations and companies working in the ephilanthropy field who have demonstrated extraordinary talent, creativity and insight in drawing the public’s attention to the use of the Internet for philanthropic purposes and/or have created services or strategies that support those efforts. The winners of this year's International ePhilanthropy Awards were announced to a sold-out crowd at the International ePhilanthropy Awards luncheon, presented by Freeman Philanthropic Services, at The Harvard Club in New York City on Thursday, September 21.

Other organizations honored at the luncheon include Greenpeace International, Network for Good and Kids Help Phone. The Awards categories and their sponsors include: Best Integrated Online and Offline ePhilanthropy Campaign, presented by GetActive Software; Best Online Donations/Fundraising Campaign, presented by e-Tapestry; Best Special Event Registration and/or Membership Campaign, presented by Artez Interactive; and Best Community Building/Volunteerism and/or Activism Campaign, presented by Fundraisinginfo.com.

--African Well Fund

Yay AWF! :up:
I've been lucky enough to be able to contribute $$ to this group twice, and I hope to do so again in the future. Water. How basic can you get?
Congrats to them!

Congratulations to you for the great work you are doing and the honour you receive.

Cool! I supported them back when they first started (not since then unfortunately :guilty:). I feel like such a groupie. :lol:

Thanks everyone!

We look at it as an award won by all of you and by all of our supporters and donors! We simply could not have done it without you.

2 of our board members just got back from Africa and the pictures are amazing. They visited communities where some of the Bono Birthday wells were built and have brought back wonderful stories and pictures of the difference your support has made in the lives of the people who live there. We are working hard to get it all up on our site as soon as possible.

BTW within the last 2 weeks 2 of our board members have had the occasion at different events to speak to Bono about AWF. He was so appreciative and just blown away by all of your efforts.

So again - thank you thank you thank you

Back
Top Bottom