(09-27-2005) Bono and Izzard Take on Beatles Film - contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shade said:

You don't see Bono as out of touch with the working man because you're clearly obsessed with him and can't bear to see him criticized in any fashion. The truth is, the guy IS a spoiled celebrity, he hasn't had a real job in decades, and is usually the first to admit it - ESPECIALLY when he's talking about Third World poverty. He may visit war-torn and famine-stricken places, but, he still has a private jet to whisk him back to his manor so he can hang out with movie stars and supermodels and a gaggle of yes-men who tell him his screenwriting is brilliant. And, did you actually see MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL, Biff? Calling it a "disaster" is being too nice. His gift is songwriting, not screenwriting.

i doubt you will reply to this but, your posts are very ridiculous. so, what you are saying is bono is incapable of writing a good screenplay that people can relate too because he is too out of touch, right? so why is it that he can write songs that "regular people" have related to and enjoyed for more than 25 yrs?
hmmmm... confusing too me. but you know thats just me. you are full of it. and i think it is unfair to biff that you made that assumtion of her motives for posting what she did.

and by the way, i enjoyed the million dollar hotel very much. and i am sure people other than you did as well.

Shade said:

What was so telling from your post was that you started off your defense of Bono with the words "what crap", over some stranger's opinion of Bono's movie output/grasp of the day to day life of the average moviegoer. I really don't think you were looking for a discussion, there - I think you actually thought it was ludicrous that a super-famous guy like Bono might be out of touch when it comes to what people want to see in the movies, when he apparently has to struggle to shop for food like non-famous people do every one to two weeks.

THEN, you had to go and bring all the Third World poverty histrionics into it, to somehow prove that Bono knows everything about life and can do no wrong. That's what syccophants do when they sense that their idols are in jeopardy and feel they need to respond, but have nowhere else to go. But, hey, maybe you're right; maybe Bono really does know more about life than the rest of us because of all the bullet-dodging and dead-baby-cradling he's managed to fit in between recording sessions and touring and vacations in Bali. However, if the guy can't remember how to shop for himself - I'm sorry, but I've got to call his grasp of the working man's life into question. And, the working man is the one who buys movie tickets. At least, that's where my statement lay when you picked it up and ran away with it.

also i suppose you have never seen a movie about something you didn't know about and enjoyed it. is "Las Vegas Lounge Singers" a catagory that you are an expert in? i am sure that Bono has met a few i don't know about you. yes yes, tell me what was the really good movie where that guy is in thew supermarket for two hours getting everything he needs to make a stew. that was an exciting movie wasn't it? something i really liked cause i can totally relate.

GIVE ME A BREAK
if we are all "syccophants" what does that make you. you are in the buisness of "Mr.knowitall-ism" i am sorry you get your feelings hurt so easily. i guess i just don't know about the real world.

Last edited:
ooooo Biff kisses!!! YAY!!!:kiss:

you were doing a great job, i just had to add my 2 cents. haha. see ya around this crazy place. :hug:

you may have sticks and stones Shade but we have Dictionary.com :laugh: :lmao: :laugh:

Last edited:
beli said:
Has anyone seen that short film about looking for Bono in Dublin? The film featured Alexandria (sp?) McGuiness. Bono made a short appearance in the film, purchasing a scarf. And he was,umm, :uhoh:

That's my point exactly... Bono, I love ya man, but acting's not for you. Unless this film is pulled off brilliantly, I think this is a bad move on his part. A really bad move. If the movie sucks, Bono will never be able to live it down. He'll be seen as yet another musician who's trying to act ala Britney Spears.

... However, the movie could defy everyone's expectations and he could win an Oscar. Who knows. LOL.

Perhaps I'm still recovering from the possiblity that Batman Forever could've had MacPhisto as the villain... *shudders* That would've blown Bono's reputation to hell.

Well needless to say, I'll be watching if it does happen.:yes: Just to see how he does. and yes, because it IS Bono.:drool: Why wouldn't I?
I don't subscribe too much to the notion that he should do what I think is in his best interest. That's not my call.
however, I still don't believe it is going to happen. I've only read it in 2 places: The Mirror and Contactmusic, both tabloids. :wink:

I heard that this morning and even though it is not much of a role stretch for Bono it will still be interesting to see the film none the less.

Back
Top Bottom