(09-27-2004) Exclusive! The Full Track Listing -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Exclusive! The Full Track Listing

We revealed six tracks earlier this month, now here's news on the complete running order for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yahweh

Thanks to Scott

I don't know about Full Metal Jacket but I heard that Tough became Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

City of blinding lights and Original of the species are such cool titles! Feels like those songs must be good... In general nice titles, not too fond of megalong titles like Sometimes you can't make it on your own... but it's how the song sounds that matters of course.

No bomb that YAHWEH is the last song. I bet it´s a quiet one too...
Just like WAKE UP DEAD MAN on POP and GRACE on ATYCLB.
Or MOTHERS OF THE DISAPPEARED on THE JOSHUA TREE for that matter.

All in all I think the titles are great!

Last edited:
bsp77 said:
I heard that Tough became Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

I think you've got that backwards. I know SYCMIOYO (good lord that's a long acronym) was played (a really short snippet) at the first Slane show, and we've heard about Tough since then. I was under the impression that SYCMIOYO became Tough, or at least that they were two separate songs.

Either way, I'm positive that the song touted as "Bono's song written to his father who passed away" has to be on this album. How could they relegate something like that to a B-Side? I think that SYCMIOYO may have reverted back to its original title, or that Tough was simply a working title.

As well, One Step Closer used to be One Step Closer to Knowing. I'm fairly certain we can guess what the chorus line will be. :)

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Native Son has become Vertigo.

Also, I think City of Blinding Lights may have been The Sun, The Moon and the Stars, a title that was kicked around for ages. The vibe from the titles seems the same.

Finally, the big question: what happened to Bulldozer? In a nutshell: it is now Crumbs From Your Table.

Of course, these are all gut instincts. :wink: It remains to be seen if this holds up once we hear the songs. The last 3 points are all suspicions, although the first 3 are basic fact.

So still just 11 tracks ?? :no: WHY ??? I know U2 has at least 15 worthy songs from this new album :down: :banghead:

I´d love to see something like Radiohead "Hail To The Thief", with 14 great songs and 60 minutes of music, not just 40 !!!! :censored:

COME ON U2, today you don´t record to the requirements of vinyl !!!:down:

Not sure about this track listing

According to an article in The Observer (hxxp://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3519) there is going to be a title track called "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" that is about Bono's dad. So I'm thinking 'Tough' became 'Atomic', and that the track listing posted here is not official because it's missing the title track. But who knows?

-Sambo

Nix that

Nix that, I just noticed this is from U2.com. I guess the observer article I referenced is incorrect about the title track. Sorry about that.

-Sambo

Party Boy said:

I didnt realise there was meant to be a U2/Oasis collaboration?? Where did you hear this?

I meant to say that one of the Oasis brothers pitched in and helped Bono out on the lyrics. I know, re-reading my post one can't help but think I am a little out there is left field. :coocoo:

Spin or Q in 2001 had an article where this song title came up and that an Oasis brother aided Bono on the lyrics.

Yes, "One Step Closer to Knowing", or "One Step Closer" as we now know it, was written with Noel Gallagher.

Here's hoping it's nothing that would have ended up on Heathen Chemistry :madspit:

Elvis said:
Exclusive! The Full Track Listing

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

1. Vertigo :heart:
2. Miracle Drug :hyper:
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own :(
4. Love And Peace Or Else :yes:
5. City Of Blinding Lights :eek:
6. All Because Of You :hug:
7. A Man And A Woman :combust:
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer :up:
10. Original Of The Species :sexywink:
11. Yahweh:bow:

Thanks to Scott

looking forward to this...roll on summer

Roland of Gilead said:
Isn't the One Step Closer song supposed to be the Oasis/U2 one?

Yep, I'm really surprised to see it in there..a nice surprise though!

And Original Of The Species made it t too!! :D:applaud: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom