(09-26-2006) UPDATE 2 NOW WITH PHOTOS: U2 in New York Now -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
(09-26-2006) Update 2 NOW WITH PHOTOS: U2 in New York Now -- Interference.com*

[SIMG]http://forum.interference.com/gallery/data//585/11265u2byu2-sml.jpg[/SIMG]
U2 in New York Now

Ed. Note -- Interference's Chief Editor Carrie Alison (that's me!)was on the scene today and was able to be part of the media photo call. Those photos are below.

Yahoo! already has pictures up of U2's book signing going on today in New York City. Get their pictures here.

Congratulations to all the Interference.com members who made it in and stay tuned for more coverage from the signing event.

For those of us who attended this event, it was a very long, hard day at Barnes & Noble Union Square in New York City. Especially for those of us outside in the press bull pin. Even Al-Jazeera was there! Nevertheless, I (CA) was front row and center for the press photo opportunity inside, and below are some of the better shots I got of our guys. I had to leave before the book signing, so do not have photos of that. I hope you enjoy the ones I did take below!

11265IMG_0003.jpg

11265IMG_002.jpg

11265IMG_0020.jpg

11265IMG_0023.jpg

11265IMG_0025.jpg

11265IMG_0026.jpg

11265IMG_0031.jpg

Please see the second news blurb for the continuation of the photos from today. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The uploaded photo quality of the photos are poor, I admit. I do have very crisp ones if any of you are interested.

Thanks for the pics. I coulda been there, but I got my book today during my lunch hour and it was sooooo hard to work with it sitting right there on my desk! I love it!

Diane L said:
Carrie, I'm so glad that you were part of this!!! Did you get to talk to Our Guys?

No, unfortunately at first we were told that invites were only extended to photographers, and that the band would not be doing interviews/press for the book. Which I thought was odd.

Today they did a small media meet-and-greet and some interviews. Whether or not they were about the book, I dunno.

So, the answer, which I thought was going to be short for you :) is that no, we weren't able to speak to them because everything was running very behind at the bookstore -- as well as the band -- and only fans with their books were the lucky ones. Which is well deserved too, since they waited around for hours as well, albeit not in the baking sun, but they were troopers. I wish the media could have had a chance to at least say something to the guys other than "Look over here!!!"

PLEASE STANBY FOR TRANSMISSION:Great photo's Carrie.Just wondering though why no one who actually was at the book signing portion of this event hasn't posted what the whole event was like?Maybe Bono,Edge,Adam and Larry would like to comment?There manager Paul Mc Guiness?The book store manager?Janitor?ANYONE?????NEWWWWWWYOORRRRKKKK!!!!!!Peace,the Rockmeister!

HelloAngel said:

No, unfortunately at first we were told that invites were only extended to photographers, and that the band would not be doing interviews/press for the book. Which I thought was odd.

Today they did a small media meet-and-greet and some interviews. Whether or not they were about the book, I dunno.

So, the answer, which I thought was going to be short for you :) is that no, we weren't able to speak to them because everything was running very behind at the bookstore -- as well as the band -- and only fans with their books were the lucky ones. Which is well deserved too, since they waited around for hours as well, albeit not in the baking sun, but they were troopers. I wish the media could have had a chance to at least say something to the guys other than "Look over here!!!"

eh hem... but they did que on the oh so soft concrete for 14+ hours just to get the right to not wait inside for 5 hours, rather than in the baking sun :wink:

Back
Top Bottom