(09-26-2005) It's Sunday, Must Be Milwaukee - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
It's Sunday, Must Be Milwaukee

Ed note -- U2.com is reporting "Crumbs" was played last night. Our readers have confirmed this was not the case. We have appended the set list below.

U2.com has posted the set list from last night's show.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
The Ocean
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make it on Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

First Time
Wild Horses
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1724

More from U2.com about the show here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, this has moved away from being comical long ago to just looking really bad for the band. Someone really needs to take them aside and tell them their slip is showing.

Crumbs was not played in Milwaukee last night but, to correct an earlier comment, Crumbs was premiered in Minneapolis Friday night. I was at both shows.

cm - Since you were in MN, would you say Crumbs came off without a hitch? Or, can you see some reason why it might not be a regular addition to the set?

crumbs

i was at the MPLS show, and ironically, Crumbs came off flawlessly. you would have never guessed it was the first time in concert--from the slow build at the beginning to rocking out at the end. somewhat surprised they didn't play it at Milwaukee.

part of me wants to say the crowd was so into the show in MPLS that they may have decided to do it at the spur of the moment, but if memory serves me correct, Edge and Bono started out in the begininng on the Elipse-- not a musician, but would think you wouldn't spontaneously do a new song without the whole band doing the whole thing close together, at least the 1st time.

:lol: U2.com flubs again, it just can't get any better for them can it? I just can't wit until they expect members to renew their memberships only to be shocked when many don't.....based on their flubs, oversights and basically the way most of us feel we've been treated the past year!

I thought Crumbs came off very well in Minneapolis. The sound in Target Center was a bit muddy but they performed the song very well. The only reason I can imagine that they didn't perform it in Milwaukee, even though it was on the planned setlist, was that Bono seemed to be losing his concentration towards the end. Early in the show he seemed to have a neck crimp and several times tried to work it out. They had a tough time with 'Wild Horses' and "With or Without You" felt quite flat other than the rousing finish. The final encore seemed a little down compared to Minneapolis but don't get me wrong...It was a great show!

^Yep sometimes even on the best planned tours and performances a singer or performer has something go wrong and they need to improvise. I'll bet this is what happened. Vocalists will sometimes change their vocal range as well if experiencing throat irritation and you will notice they don't hit the high notes or low notes like they have at other performances. I feel for them. Anything can go wrong no matter how prepared they are, and to be prepared to deal with the problems also makes a good performer.

Back
Top Bottom