(09-21-2007) Bono, Alicia Keys, Shakira Team Up With MTV, Bill Clinton - MTV.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Bono, Alicia Keys, Shakira Team Up With MTV, Bill Clinton For 'Giving' Event

September 29 concert and social-change discussion will be webcast live on Think.MTV.com; Keys and Shakira will perform.

By James Montgomery

Bono, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Chris Rock and former President Bill Clinton will take part in a roundtable discussion on the state of youth activism, set to take place September 29 at the legendary Apollo Theater in New York. Keys and Shakira will also perform at the event.

The event, called "Giving - Live at the Apollo," is co-sponsored by MTV and the Clinton Global Initiative, and is being held in conjunction with the Initiative's annual three-day conference in New York.

At the roundtable, each individual will discuss their own efforts to bring about social change, and will invite youth around the world to join them in a brand-new initiative — one designed to improve communities here in the U.S. and help people living in the poorest places on the planet. The event will be moderated by MTV News correspondent Sway.

Other sponsors of the event include ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History (one.org), a coalition of more than 2.4 million Americans banded together to end to extreme global poverty and preventable disease; "Keep a Child Alive," which provides life-saving AIDS medicines directly to children and families with HIV/AIDS in Africa; and Fundacion ALAS, a coalition of artists, intellectuals and entrepreneurs dedicated to improving the health and education of Latin American children.

Both the discussion and the concert will be webcast live on Think.MTV.com, One.org and KeepAChildAlive.org. A TV special will be broadcast later on MTV, mtvU and MTV Tr3s.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1570284/20070921/bono.jhtml

I just posted this info in PLEBA - thanks for picking up on it.

:bonodrum: :hug:

whos MTV kidding?

Some of the youth care, some of them dont give a damn about anything.

I try my best.

Back
Top Bottom