(09-21-2005) Edge Comes Knockin' -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/site_highlights/images/158_main1.jpg[/SIMG]
Edge Comes Knockin'

Edge has spoken to U2.com in a members-only interview about the third leg of the Vertigo Tour, writing for soundtracks and making music. To access the complete interview, click here. You can also listen to "Don't Come Knocking," written by Bono and Edge for Wim Wenders latest film, on the same page. Snippets are below.

U2.Com - The first night of the tour featured two tracks (In A Little While and Fast Cars) making their live debut in Vertigo ’05.

It’s always a good thing to mix things up on a first night: we put loads of new things in there for the first time, it was an experiment and even if they didn’t all come off, it was worth the experiment. We have a lot of new ideas we’re planning to put into the set which we’re still rehearsing, we’re working on three or four other songs. The problem is what songs are going to make way for a new song because we are really enjoying the songs that we are playing, they flow together so well. I don’t want to say what the songs are because that would spoil the surprise!

So, are you writing new material on Garageband for U2 as well?

We are writing all the time. I sort of write music for recreational purposes, that is my fun! Unfortunately it doesn’t necesarily mean that it is all good but some of this stuff I’m happy with. There are some things I’m very excited about.

I’m already starting to think about the next record, I love being at the beginnings of getting something going, all the possibilities. And I think it is a very exciting time in rock n roll. Hip-Hop had its way in terms of breaking new ground and for a while there it dominated the creative zeitgeist but now I feel that bands and rock’n’roll ideas are back with a vengeance. There are so many great bands, so many new ideas in rock n roll, in guitar-based music. It’s wonderful to see, like some of the bands we have had on the road with us, and I am very inspired by all that.

Eek. new song!:drool:

Edit: The female voice in the song is Andrea Corr, right?
Edit#2: I should read the article. :reject: It is Andrea.
It's a nice little slow country song. I can't help but wonder what this would sound like without Andrea. :hmm:

Last edited:
I can't read the interview cause I'm not registered at u2.com. :madspit:

But by what I've read here it seems we might get another straight ahead rock album with songs like Vertigo and All Because Of You. And I do think the next one might be actually more rock n' roll than HTDAAB. :drool:

Edge was so great last week. Lately, I'm thinking of him as the creative anchor of the band, the way he forges ahead with new stuff on a consistent basis.

On a side note, I had a strange dream featuring Edge last night...I dreamt I was on his house boat, after joining the tour in some capacity (never did figure it out!). Anyway, it was a brief dream that had Edge explaining the virtues of a high protein diet and getting lots of rest.

On that latter point, he asked me how late I was up this evening. When I said it was 2 in the morning, he told me if that continued, it would be difficult for me to keep up with the tour. I just nodded my head in agreement, and said "Yes, I see your point." :|

My family say I'm obessed with u2....I have no clue where they get this:wink:

Back
Top Bottom