(09-21-2004) U2 to Go Wilde for New Film - The Mirror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(09-21-2004) U2 to Go Wilde for New Film - The Mirror*

U2 to Go Wilde for New Film

Ed. Note -- We have received the following article from the 9/16 issue of The Mirror from a few kind Interference readers.

Rocker Bono is to join Hollywood legends and sporting greats when he makes his screen debut this year. The U2 star and his bandmate Larry Mullen have been lined up to appear in a film celebrating the 150th birthday of Irish playwright Oscar
Wilde.

Actors Liam Neeson, Charlie Sheen, ex-Spice Girl Mel B., Irish rugby ace Brian O'Driscoll, director Jim Sheridan and actress Joan Rivers also star in the movie.

Happy Birthday Oscar Wilde is the brainchild of director Bill Hughes, who was born on the same day as the literary legend.

Hughes said: "It's the biggest project I've ever been involved with and it's been so much fun. It's like an extended spoken pop video.

"We've chosen 150 lines for 150 people. I've already recorded Bono, Larry Mullen and Tina Kellegher."

The film, in aid of Amnesty International, will be screened on TV at
Christmas.

© The Mirror, 2004.

Thanks to Cat and Barbara!

Re: (09-21-2004) U2 to Go Wilde for New Film - The Mirror*

HelloAngel said:
with and it's been so much fun. It's like an extended spoken pop video.

"We've chosen 150 lines for 150 people. I've already recorded Bono, Larry Mullen and Tina Kellegher."

The film, in aid of Amnesty International, will be screened on TV at
Christmas.

Thanks to Cat and Barbara!

Great!
Tina Kellegher is the girl of "The snapper", isn't she?

screen debut??

Bono was in Entropy with Stephen Dorff, in fact teh whole thing was based around a guy who directs U2 music videos so he's def doen some screen time before1

di_g said:
screen debut??

Bono was in Entropy with Stephen Dorff, in fact teh whole thing was based around a guy who directs U2 music videos so he's def doen some screen time before1

Yes, but I dare say that it's not a very well known movie.
Let's forgive the journalist who probably missed it!

caragriff said:
granted, two more little seen films, but he was in million dollar hotel very briefly and in a bukowski documentary that was just out in theaters this past year.

and oh yeah, wasn't he in that movie rattle and hum?

:scratch: Rattle and Hum? Never herd of it...

:lol:

caragriff said:
granted, two more little seen films, but he was in million dollar hotel very briefly and in a bukowski documentary that was just out in theaters this past year.

oh gosh

duh!:eeklaugh:

caragriff said:

:laugh:

But Bono and Larry in a movie in which they don't play, well, themselves? :hmm: Definitely on my to-see list.

One of Oscar Wilde's descendants is in a performance in Sydney soon, as well as a descendant of the Earl? of Queensbury. They are playing their respective ancestors in a re- enactment of the trial that led to Wilde being sent to jail for homosexuality...just thought I'd add that for no particular reason.

Oscar Wilde was a great wit and had so many great lines. It will be interesting to hear who gets to read what.

PS: Bono was great in Entropy..."have you got a plan?" is one of my favourite lines :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom