(09-20-2004) Bono Kicks Garbage Can on Night Out - Irish Mirror*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
LOUT OF ORDER BINO;
ROCK SINGER TRASHES RUBBISH BIN

BYLINE: FIONA WYNNE

BONO gives a litter bin a good kicking - and is caught in the act on camera.

Rock stars are better known for wrecking hotel rooms but Bono showed he'd had a bellyful of the rubbish can and booted it into touch. And the move seemed to have left the singer's foot Numb as he limped off down the street.

The U2 singer, 44, had been partying in Dublin on Thursday night with his pal Guggi and two mystery female companions. He was spotted wandering down Grafton Street shortly before 1am, making his way to top night spot Lillies Bordello. But before entering the celebrity club he ran across the road and stuck his
boot into the bin. He doubled over with laughter before heading into Lillies to meet owner Dave Egan and Formula One driver Jenson Button.

But the U2 frontman may face court charges as gardai confirmed kicking public property is a criminal offence if it is damaged.

A Garda spokeswoman said: "If someone is caught damaging public property they can be prosecuted either under the Criminal Damage Act or it can be considered a public disorder offence."

One onlooker said he was puzzled by the outburst. He added: "I don't know why he lashed out - he moves in Mysterious Ways."

Bono returned home to Killiney, Dublin this week after spending a few days in Spain filming the video for U2' s new single, Vertigo. And judging by his good humour on Thursday night, things obviously went well.

U2' s new album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is out on November 22 and promises a return to the band's rock and roll roots.

Copyright 2004 MGN Ltd.
The Mirror

September 18, 2004, Saturday
SECTION: Eire Edition; LEADER; Pg. 6

Thanks to Diane!

Ya, so where are the pictures if it got caught on camera! I'd like to see bono with a few pints in him...

Ha ha, man, what a great little story. Throwing TV's out of hotel windows is so yesterday, Litter bins are the future!

Last edited:
:lmao:
Are these pictures possibly the newer ones that were just posted in Pleba? Wearing the striped jacket with a silly grin on his face and a trash bin in the background?

U2dork said:
Are these pictures possibly the newer ones that were just posted in Pleba? Wearing the striped jacket with a silly grin on his face and a trash bin in the background?

I think that yes, cause it was last thursday.

U2dork said:
Hmmm... Where are those pics? I can't find em... :huh:

Here are those pictures:

LilliesBordello_one.jpg
LilliesBordello_16.jpg

OMG..is RIGHT....

Bono kicks a trash can and it's headline news.

Ooohh, they're really getting decadent now. I'm in SHOCK. Next thing ya know, he might actually swear on Irish TV...

If this wasn't Dublin, though, I'd say some people REALLLLY have too much time on their hands. You must take into account Irish attitudes when reading stuff like this. They love to poke fun at thier resdient saint. What's the expression? "Taking the piss" out on somebody?

The "mystery companions" were, Ali (I'm sure) and Guggi's wife (who is a knockout by all accounts, but still not in ALi's class--or I'd say she was still a knockout for someone who's had 4 kids, IF I were male or not straight:).

Speaking of..well...Cripes. You'd think he took a leak on the garbage can. THAT would be vandalizing property.

Eminem, take note:).

BTW..what is PLEBA'S addy? Link please! I've been trying to find your site guys! Youy seem to get a lot of the dish these days.

Last edited:
MissMoo said:
It looks like he might be carrying a few pints under that jacket!
:laugh: He's got something hidden under there!

Teta040: Pleba can be found right here on Interference! Go to your Forums Home page and scroll down a little. :wink:

OH MY GOD BONO KICKED A TRASH CAN.

In other news, more American soldiers died in Iraq, more Africans died of AIDS, and the "bird flu" has made a reappearence.

BUT OH MY GOD BONO KICKED A TRASH CAN!

People are so silly with their celebrity fascination. :eyebrow:

But oh, doesn't he just look adorable? :drool: silly drunk Bono.

hehe, I like the headline at u2log.com: Bono Kicks Trash Bin Arse. Oh God, I hope he did! I'd be so embarassed right now if it had kicked his. Though, if people really are threatening legal action, maybe it did...

How desparate is that news paper?!?!? I didn't think news days came that slow. Absolutely agree Flarez, 100%!

And it wasn't the usual stalwart Showbiz Ireland, how could they miss such a scoop, bet they're kicking themselves! :wink:

Cheers ~Ultra

this is good old journalistic licence at it's best...embellish and exagerate in order to be heard....

the power of the hangovers! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
good to know the video shooting went well, but it would be better if this was the first and last time that he went on newspapers for things like that! no good:shame:

Back
Top Bottom