(09-19-2006) 10 Questions for The Edge - TIME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
10 Questions for The Edge

TIME's Josh Tyrangiel recently spoke with our favorite guitar player and yours -- The Edge -- from U2's recording studio in London, about "the beginnings of U2's next album, a couple of songs he wishes his band had written, and what it was like to be a young man with a large head."

Of the soon to be released U2 by U2, Edge quips, "We really did need the publicity. [Laughs.] I don't know, the book idea ... it just felt right somehow. Then we got into it and realized it was actually a big commitment, going through scrapbooks and memories. But it turned out well."

Another gem? Edge loves The New Radicals' hit tune from the 90s, "You Get What You Give." Innnnteresting!

More here.

"You're speaking from a London recording studio. Does that mean there's a new U2 album around the bend?

Noooo. Nowhere near. We're here with [producer] Rick Rubin and enjoying the chemistry, but we're nowhere near a timetable or anything. I will say that we're having a good time. And I have a feeling that because of Rick's presence it's going to sound very different. But really, it's early days. And we are messing about with other stuff too."

There you have it, straight from the man.

Now enough of this crap about "oh my god there gonna do a quick album like zooropa and have it out before the end of the year!"

I hear ya Skott! I'd rather they take their time and enjoy what they are doing in a more relaxed schedule. I think a more quality end product stems from that environment rather than from a rushed effort. I'll wait.

"One of the most revealing things in the book is that as a child you had a freakishly huge head. Was this a concern for your parents?"

haha what in the hell? what kind of question was that?

Back
Top Bottom