(09-13-2006) Bono Reveals His Performance Fears -- The Press Association*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Reveals His Performance Fears

Bono has admitted he suffers from severe stage fright - despite the fact he's been playing to packed stadiums for 25 years.

The U2 frontman says he still feels "nervous" and "sick" when he wakes up on the morning of a gig, even after quarter of a century.

"The morning before a show I get nervous. I can wake up with a sick feeling," he told Harper's Bazaar.

The 46-year-old Irish star also worries he might let the crowd down by giving a less than perfect vocal performance.

"I have to hit very high notes and if you hit them wrong you can put your throat out," he said.

"So there's a 'Will I? Won't I?' aspect to it.

"It used to worry me sick. That sense of, how could I meet the levels of anticipation?

"If you're a rock star and need 25,000 people telling you they love you, obviously you must be a very insecure person," he joked.

--The Press Association

Come on, someone is exaggerating here, either him or whoever wrote this article. He does not look that frightened to me.
But he's human after all.
I think I would be shocked to hear that he wouldn't care at all.
But "severe stage fright" ... come on, Bono loves to perform.

last unicorn said:
Come on, someone is exaggerating here, either him or whoever wrote this article. He does not look that frightened to me.
But he's human after all.
I think I would be shocked to hear that he wouldn't care at all.
But "severe stage fright" ... come on, Bono loves to perform.

It's true. On the VH1 Special All Access, it showed them minutes before taking the stage in San Diego at the onset of the tour.
He joking around about how he needed to speak to cleryman or something because he was feeling very ill, and then he asked if it would be ok to throw up on VH1? He said it in a funny way, but there must be a grain of truth to it because he did look sick and a bit anxious. It just means he cares what kind of performance he is giving... what a guy!! Love him.:drool:

I know this article.
A very similar was posted here about a year before.

Bruce Springsteen also is very nervous before every gig.
But I think it's really only to the moment until they appear on the stage and start the show and all the fear is gone.

Back
Top Bottom