(09-13-2004) New Album Name Confirmed -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks xidi

really liking that pic

and how cool does edge look in both
hell, they all look cool!

i'm so excited :combust:

Not that my .02 is really worth .02 but I totally prefer the B&W image. Bono looks less like a muppet. The overall image is classic Anton. He makes everyone look good.

Oh! I didn't notice Adam's shirt in the last photo either! I love it!

Last edited:
"And they're doing the atomic bomb. Do they know where the dance comes from? Yes, they're doing the atomic bomb. They want you to sing along."

U2 have really had a thing for long album titles, lately! But I like "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". It sounds kind of offbeat and cool, and it makes me very curious as to what the songs on the album will be like!

any album title that is a question that can be answered with one word (love) with little to no thought...is cringe-worthy. Just my opinion.

MikeSt said:
I'm sussing the title for sure!! its definitely different!!! with all this news and new pics....its starting to up the U2 anty here. Time to almost get things started! Cant wait for the ride!
what he said.
It's might be a tribute album to the 20th century....... once upon a time a long long time ago the world was without atomic bombs :sad:
I saved the pic but haven't studied it yet. Leave Bono's hair alone guys....you are entitled to opinions of course and Bono is someone in the public eye, but crikes, he's a amn , not a child and like all of us he just has to work with what he is given.
The thing that caught my eye is the object they are standing in front of. Vegetable( a buttress root) or Mineral, stone ( sculpture)?
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
HTDAAB, HTDAAB HTDAAB....practising

ANYWAY.....November 22 or there abouts
:dance:

Up the anty, aunty. ante? :wave: MG
.I reckon you'll end up on stage this tour:laugh:

okey..I just spent a bit of time studying the pic
:combust:
Bono looks slimmer and as youthful as I've seen him in a while. The jacket is a bit baggy and the sleeves he wears always seem too long. Must be a personal preference. I like his hair, very brushable. Watch out for double denim and please don't go triple denim :laugh:
1977..a good year :up: Larry
Adam :)
Edge
:faint:
they're gorgeous imho

Vertigo.jpg

I think Bono looks lovely. And take a look at Edge's face! Mrow! :drool:

I kind of liked Vertigo better myself, but I do think HTDAAB is much cooler for an album. Would it even be a U2 album if the title wasn't strange? lol

Last edited:
and yes you can quote me

who cares who cares who cares who cares.

enjoy the music, folks.

that's what it's all about.

Okay, so maybe I was a little harsh. After thinking it over, I feel the title is actually going to grow on me. Whenever they come out with an album, it's always the best album they have ever done. And I think this album will continue that pattern. I am dying to get the album. I am counting the days. Also, the new picture looks great. Edge and Adam look really, really good. Adam is the coolest guy in rock and roll ever. And Bono's hair is just fine.

I predict.....

Hello all, I changed my name from Rythemwire to JesusWalks.
I just wanted to give some of my predictions pertainting to "How To Dismatle An Atomic Bomb"

It will go to number 1.
It will win 3 grammys
Bono's Voice will be amazing
Edge will rock harder than EVER before
Larry will still look like he is 17
Adam will find his cool
It will sell 250,000 copies the first week
It will go double platnium
It will have a polical song on it.:bono: :larry: :adam: :edge: :bow:

I guess many of you have picked up that this photo resembles The Who's: Who's Next Album Cover?? Am I correct on this? I believe Bono used The Who as a recent reference.

The title is great because it sounds different when you first hear it but as you go on it grows on you, come november it will be as normal as ATYCLB or Zooropa because it will have context, it is better than some generic label lie uh, Iron of the soul or The Dictionary of Cats - okay I am free associating right now, with Sartre on my desk :huh: .

I don't care about the photo nearly as much as I care about the music and the message.

Still looks kinda kewl though. I suspect there's some Adobe Photo Shop goin' on!:yes:

Maybe the title will grow on me or make more sense later, but right now I'm having the same feeling towards it as I did towards the title "Attack of the Clones".

But I love their style in the new pic, and I think Bono's new hairstyle looks incredible...very Joshua Tree in the 21st century.

I think that title could be prophetic somehow...

And I do like Edge's shirt a lot!

scd

hey guys, I was on holiday for one week, I just saw this news. Alll I can say: I can't believe the news today!!! What a great title!!!!

Back
Top Bottom