(09-12-2005) Boys Play Rock 'n' Roll (Again) -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Boys Play Rock 'n' Roll (Again)

The band were rehearsing at Toronto's Air Canada Centre until late last night.

When Bono arrived back from speaking at the premiere of the Leonard Cohen film, the band were soon on stage and running through the set.

Far be it from us to give away any trade secrets ahead of showtime but let's just say that those inside the arena last night got to hear several songs that have not been aired on the tour to date. Surprise tracks included at least two from 'All That You Can't Leave Behind'. Will they feature in tonight's show ? Have to wait and see.

It also looks like some of the lighting and visual innovations we saw in the European stadium shows have made their way back across the Atlantic - the show will not be a carbon copy of the opening North America leg last Spring.

More news from here in Toronto later in the day!

--U2.com

it was reported on onother thread that those songs were "in a little while" and "stuck".

"the show will not be a carbon copy of the opening North America leg last Spring." I always thought that when you are reffering to the season using the word "last", you are talking about the year before. Meaning Spring 2004 in this case. Correct me if I'm wrong - english is not my native language. If I'm right, well, then U2.com strikes again

:wink:

I'm having a very hard time imagining IALW fitting in thematically to anywhere in the Vertigo setlist. Walk On would fit perfectly before (or, as I'd hope, instead of) Pride....Stuck could go after the City/Vertigo/Elevation/Electric Co opening without too much trouble...but In a Little While!? Really?!

I just don't see it.

Stuck and Walk On.... Although I have a feeling some semblance of an Acoustic Set will make its way into the setlist this time aroundd..... AMAAW will probably be played.... which means that playing IALW would probably not make sense...

PhunkPhorce said:
it was reported on onother thread that those songs were "in a little while" and "stuck".

Yes, someone was nice enough report back to us after sound check from the ACC yesterday. I'm looking forward to hearing both of these. :up:

Edit: There are some reports of another song being rehearsed, but I don't know if I should spill the beans or not...

Last edited:
wouldn't it be great if they gave us a set of "never played live or almost never"

Drowning Man, Summer Rain...
for fun...Fast Cars, HMTMKMKM...

This is the 1st time in my 25 year fan dom i have waited for the 2nd much less 3rd leg to see a show...
Psyched!!

Well, I know that some people would rather be surprised so if you want to know, highlight the rest of this post or go search for it in the general tour forum. And it's Ms. Dork, thank you.

Stay

Hold the left mouse button down and highlight the text, like you would for a cut and paste, only go a few lines further. I've written it in sky blue.

U2dork said:
Hold the left mouse button down and highlight the text, like you would for a cut and paste, only go a few lines further. I've written it in sky blue.

Very sneaky my dear, very sneaky :shifty:

I like it! :wink:

bombergirl1978 said:
Im hoping for Kite, Walk On, Stuck in a Moment, or In a little while.

hell, im not picky, its a new addition to the tour! :wink:

Kite and In a little While would be awsome though

KITE!!:drool:

So as I'm reading this, I'm watching the Boston Elevation DVD and I forgot how good the songs mentioned above are bloody brillian live. In A Little While? WOW

rumor is that another song was also rehearsed (one that I have been dying to hear)
it's a song that they have never played before!

to not spoil it, it's on the front page of www.atu2.com
if you are interested...

PLEASE PLAY IT lads!!!

FC and IALW...I was right and i hope they keep on playing both of them come October at MSG!!
MSG will include NY i bet too~

Back
Top Bottom