(09-09-2005) From Patti Smith to Kanye West -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2 let public enemy perform on stage before them in the height of their controversy. If they didnt let Kanye West open for them after one statement, I would be dissapointed as well.

Even if I don't agree with the statement.

I don't see U2 not letting Kayne still open for them. Let's all be honest Bono is quite outspoken himself. Sure there have been remarks made that a lot of others haven't agreed with. Doesn't take away that he's a good singer such as the same with Kayne.

dsmith2904 said:

She's like the godmother of punk, probably best known for her rendition of Van Morrison's "Gloria." She also did the original version of "Because the Night" famously performed by 10,000 Maniacs on "MTV Unplugged." Patti Smith's "Horses" has been cited by numerous musicians (including The Edge and Michael Stipe) as a major influence.

Go to www.pattismith.net to learn more.
HelloAngel said:

And also famously, "Rock N Roll Ni**er" which Bono quotes often.
Don't forget that U2 covered her song "Dancing Barefoot".

Last edited:
Don't forget The Boss. "Because The Night" has been covered by just about everybody, but the Springsteen version is still the most classic, (if only because he made it to this day a staple of his live shows.)

Really, you haven't lived if you haven't heard Patti:)

U2.com updated its story with the Kanye dates...December 14 through 19. That would be the last four dates of the third leg in St. Louis, Omaha, Salt Lake City and Portland...

Pop Artist said:
U2.com updated its story with the Kanye dates...December 14 through 19. That would be the last four dates of the third leg in St. Louis, Omaha, Salt Lake City and Portland...

Good. I don't have tix to any of those shows.

Teta040 said:
Don't forget The Boss. "Because The Night" has been covered by just about everybody, but the Springsteen version is still the most classic, (if only because he made it to this day a staple of his live shows.)

Really, you haven't lived if you haven't heard Patti:)

I know that song, but didn't know the original artist.

And, I'm sure I live ;)
I will get some songs and look if I like the music.

MrBrau1 said:

Good. I don't have tix to any of those shows.

yeah, good thing you're probably gonna get what...dashboard confessional? i'm sure almost everyone would agree they're way better than kanye.

-sarcastic sally

I hope Kanye opens up the Houston show

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP! The only thing worse than having West open the show would be Dashboard Confessional.

Come on!

Back
Top Bottom