(09-07-2004) Exclusive! It’s ‘Vertigo’! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Exclusive! It’s ‘Vertigo’!

U2.Com can exclusively reveal that the band’s new single is called Vertigo and will be released on November 8th.

Vertigo, an epic U2 track with big guitars and soaring vocals, was produced by Steve Lillywhite at the band’s Hanover Quay Studio in Dublin.

The single also features another brand new track, Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, along with a cover of Neon Lights which was originally written and recorded by Kraftwerk, plus a Vertigo remix by Jacknife Lee.

The DVD features all-new shots of the band taken in Lisbon recently by Anton Corbijn - as well as a stunning live performance of Vertigo, shot at the studio and directed by Richie Smyth.

The formats for the new single are as follows:

CD1

1. Vertigo
2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

CD2

1. Vertigo
2. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10”
3. Neon Lights

DVD

1. Vertigo - HQ video
2. Vertigo - audio with photo gallery
3. Are You Gonna Wait Forever? – audio only
4. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10” - Lisbon video

How can u2.com claim this as an exclusive? I posted the songs on here hours ago, and the trcklising on my MSN U2Homecoming site this morning!

Buy the CD2 and the DVD, and you have everything.

But anyway, the old times were nice when a CD single contained 3 bonus tracks, like during the Joshua Tree-AB era...

U2log.com mentions another format

12”
(Commercial 12” - 602498685679)
Vertigo Jacknife Lee 12”
Vertigo Jacknife Lee 7”
Vertigo Jacknife Lee 10”
Vertigo Jacknife Lee instrumental

depends what kinda song neon lights is if im gonna buy CD2.. but this is worse than what they did with beautiful day although second cd of that wasnt really worth buying! well lets hope theres some kind of box set of the 3 for bout 8 quid..

I still don't like the name. But I'm excited over the new stuff!

u2.com is gettin' ready...

u2.jpg

they added a new pannel to their timeline... no picture and no events on it yet, but the pannel is there, which makes me think that they're getting ready to add somethin' to it... or maybe i'm just nuts

i saw that too

but on the little history slider, they need to add 2003 and 2004... lazy bastards.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
u2.com is gettin' ready...

u2.jpg

headache im noticin the swirl in the middle of the U2 logo on that screen...theyve been using that for years on the website but maybe it couldve been a subtle hint all along for 'vertigo' :hmm: . wonder if we'll see that pop up in any packaging...

I'm confused. Does this mean the single will be delayed (Nov. 8th)? Or just the CD single format available to stores?

I was thinking that Vertigo would hit the airwaves in late September.

Please, tell me we'll hear it in september!:sad:

nah, it'll be on the radio sept 24th, but the november date is when the cd single will be in stores.

but, if these aren't released in the usa, when can we expect the imports to arrive?

U2girl said:
U2log.com mentions another format

12”
(Commercial 12” - 602498685679)
Vertigo Jacknife Lee 12”
Vertigo Jacknife Lee 7”
Vertigo Jacknife Lee 10”
Vertigo Jacknife Lee instrumental

not to forget the credits to u2tour.de - which is also mentioned on u2log, but not here :(

U2Kitten said:
Any videos coming out soon?

I think the video will come in October.

Sorry xidi, I think the excitement of the news made me forget to add the link. :reject:

So I assume we can look forward to the media hype this fall complete with interviews and appearances on all talk shows and music channels!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom