(09-06-2006) U2's Super Bowl Appearance to Be Re-Aired -- AP*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing.... absolutely amazing....

Bono and U2 give one of the greatest performances of their lives, during an unforgettable time, and people are complainning about a little flag in his jacket - WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE -MOST- INSPIRING AND GREATEST MOMENT OF THE WHOLE SHOW.

I'm sorry, but whoever is disturbed, or distressed, or embarrased, or whatever the fuck "tacky manipulative politician," because of a flag being show at the climax of 'Streets'... there's something wrong with you. Period.

Harry Vest said:
Firstly let me state that I do not believe myself to be a "fruitcake".
Secondly I DO NOT hate Americans or America for that matter. I have fond memories of the years spent in the United States and the wonderfully diverse characters I came across on my journeys down south. Having said that I do believe that the American Government is evil to the core and the Military Industrial Complex that President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned the American people about established itself after the assasination of John F. Kennedy. I also beleive that the same individuals rid the country of Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy as well. I believe that George H.W. Bush was a main conspirator in many of these evil doings as well as Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and James Baker among others. Believing this one must come to the conclusion that any "support" of this regime must be wrong and I would like nothing more than to sit down with Bono over a few Guiness and discuss his view of this. Remember...this is NOT the America of your forefathers - it has been taken over by evil men bent on nothing but GREED "Money is the ROOT of ALL evil". America has been destroyed by it's so called "elite" - the corporations have taken almost full control of the country - even a man like Lou Dobbs realises this for crying in the soup. So although it may have been meant as a nice gesture by Bono after the attacks of September 11 it still disturbed me. Before you talk of "Patriotism" think of all the destruction America has unleashed on the world after the second world war. It's not a pretty picture. Bono should be politically aware enough to know this - he can be FOR the American people but he should be very careful on how he presents himself. I actually worry about him often. Here's hoping the man knows what he's doing. I think he does.

***Having said all that I still believe that most Islamic Fundamentalist "terrorists" are as well evil to the core so please don't think I'm excusing any actions they MAY and HAVE been involved with.

All that just because a flag was shown. Get over yourself.

Bono's shades said:
I guess I found it a little disturbing, too. I thought it was kind of over the top and unnecessary. I know Bono's heart was in the right place, but I didn't need him to flash the Stars and Stripes like a tacky, manipulative politician for me to know he sympathized with me and my fellow Americans. He and the band had already done that.

Wrong. Wrong. Oh, and you know what? Wrong.

Him showing the flag was the climax of the entire song, of the entire bullshit that the USA had to put up with 9/11, and Bono showing his support.

You too. Get over yourself.

SiW87 said:

Wrong. Wrong. Oh, and you know what? Wrong.

Him showing the flag was the climax of the entire song, of the entire bullshit that the USA had to put up with 9/11, and Bono showing his support.

You too. Get over yourself.

Awesome. We're back to people not being allowed to have their own opinions again, aren't we?

So now someone is "wrong, wrong and wrong" b/c they don't agree with you? :rolleyes:

Please. I think it's you who has to "get over yourself."

Anyway, NFL Total Access will be on at 5PM eastern on Monday, September 11th.

Back
Top Bottom