(09-01-2005) ABOY Next Single in Europe? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
ABOY Next Single in Europe?

Interference reader Peter writes in today with some details on the next single from "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" in Europe after talking to a contact at Universal Sweden:

1. "All Because Of You" is the last single from "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb."

2. A new DVD is going to be released but it isn't said when. From the beginning there was a plan to release a "Live Best Of" CD with a bonus DVD. But it was cancelled.

Thanks Peter!

Wow. That's strange, seeing as ABOY did'nt go very well in the US as a Radio single(I think).

Best of live Cd...Are you kidding, that would have been fantastic. Hopefully they are just putting it off so they can add some stufff from the current tour!

I know they won't play it live, but they're IDIOTS not to release A Man And A Woman as a single.

ABOY? :barf:

Probably my least favourite song off the album. Having said that though, the music for it is great :rockon:.....just a shame about Bono's vocals :tsk:

I reckon Miracle Drug or OOTS would have made much better single. That's the way my weird mind works :coocoo:

ABOY should have been released worldwide after Vertigo,
Worldwide, with a heavy promotion also, not the Noth America idea only.....that doesn't work anymore
It would have pushed the other singles also (Sometimes, COBL) to more attention and better success
HTDAAB singles haven't lived up to its potential, so sad...:|

HelloAngel said:

A new DVD is going to be released but it isn't said when. From the beginning there was a plan to release a "Live Best Of" CD with a bonus DVD...
!!! :drool: :hyper: :rockon:
HelloAngel said:

...But it was cancelled.
WTF!? :confused: :huh: :mad: :censored: :madspit:

Ehh, mayby they just have too much planned things now to release? (2 vertigo dvds, red rocks/sydney/popmart on dvd, new album in 06/07?)

Last single? Already? They are still touring though.

So maybe something else might be in the works then, with new singles off that. :drool:

maybe last single off this album already (although remember it has been out the best part of a year now) could indicate a quick follow-up album out next year as previously rumoured....

...of course im just stoking the fires of gossip here :wink:

Agreed that ABoY was a flop in the US because it was too much of an upbeat like Vertigo. The second single should have been somtimes with more promotion around Fathers day! DUH!
The 3rd single should have been MD not COBL.
McGuiness or whomever selects the release order always f's it up.

For example, Please should have followed Disco and Walk On should have followed BD. And although WOWY is a great song, the 1st release from JT should have been Streets.

MD with Live 8, DATA and all of our wordly disasters Tsunami and Katarina...would have been perfect.

So 'Peter' spoke to a contact at 'Universal Sweden' - well I just got off the phone from God and he said 'Yahweh' is the next single, a 7 dvd set is imminent featuring live shows from every major tour and that a new album is already out there - just not credited to U2. Oh yeah - and they are playing the Ulan Bator Mongolian National Stadium on March 16, 2007.

Do I get a front page story too?

Nube Gris said:

nah...it sounds too like Vertigo in terms of 'rockiness' and so on...huge mistake to release it in America so soon after Vertigo when they should have released 'Sometimes...' and 'City of Blinding Lights' worldwide instead of just releasing exclusive niche singles in certain countries...

What's your predicted chart position, Europeans? I say either, 2 or 5.

Nube Gris said:
Worldwide, with a heavy promotion also, not the Noth America idea only.....that doesn't work anymore
It would have pushed the other singles also (Sometimes, COBL) to more attention and better success
HTDAAB singles haven't lived up to its potential, so sad...:|

I completely agree with the first part, but Universal North America is likely to blame for that. The only reason for releasing separate singles is the longer time it takes to develop singles in the US, whereas they need to be pushed quicker elsewhere.

Overall, I can't entirely agree that the singles did not live up to their potential because Vertigo was HUGE. In the US, it could have had even more of an impact ABOY didn't follow so quickly and if Sometimes were the second single. With today's media and the internet, it makes sense to promote the same single worldwide.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom