(08-31-2004) Scissor Sisters to Tour With U2 -- contactmusic.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Scissor Sisters to Tour With U2

U2 frontman BONO is in talks to bring the SCISSOR SISTERS on board to support him on his band's upcoming tour.

The LAURA stars were recently surprised with a visit from the Irish rocker when he showed up backstage before their show at New York's PS.1.

Scissor Sister ANA MATRONIC, who posed for a picture with the star, says, "I first checked to see if his feet touched the ground, and they did. But he came up and said, 'I've come to kiss the ring,' and I just thought, 'I should be kissing your ring, man!'"

They're now hoping to open for U2 on the road next year (05).

Lead singer JAKE SHEARS adds, "Bono gave a toast to the band after the show. We also went to the bathroom together. Not side by side or anything, but we walked there together."

--contactmusic.com

why does U2 always hire such crap opening acts?

in old days this was not the case.

I was hoping that a great band on their label - ... And ou Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, would open. Iovine is a patron of the band.

Why a gimmicky act like Scissor Sisters would get the spot is beyond me.

I'm sorry - but who are the "Scissor Sisters"? :ohmy:

What kind of music do they perform and , honestly, are they any good?

Actually, I would rather have a shortened concert and simply see U2 than to have another act along just to lengthen the show. :yes:

I'm not putting this group down - it's just that in my "isolated world" I never heard of Scissor Sisters until Bono saw them in NYC a month ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :hug:

Terrible News. This group are totally awful. If they are at the U2 gigs I go to, I shall be taking some form of ear plugs. Hopefully they will only be the support in the US, and yes, Snow Patrol would be a hell of a lot better as support in Europe.

Yea, I just think that U2 could come up with a better group than this.

I don't know "take your mama" and it sounds like something I really don't necessarily want to know.

I don't want to go to a U2 concert to laugh (unless its U2's own antics). I go to feel uplifted by music.

This group doesn't sound like it fits this description. :(

Does anyone have a website for them so I can check them out some more?

This decision by the U2 "powers that be" baffles me. :scratch:

Scissor Sisters are a great , fun group. You never know Jamila you might like them! Take Your Mama is an excellent song, his voice is reminiscent of a young Elton John.
Snow Patrol would be cool for Europe! I love Spitting Games. Doves or The Charlatans would be excellent too. :wink:

valentina said:
Scissor sisters are the singer of "take your mama", Jamila.
It's a funny group.

I hope in Europe we'll have Snow Patrol as supporters!

me too - I am sure u2 would be more than happy to record a song as good as chocolate !

Mike

I recently saw a video of this group on the tv the other day. Oh boy. There not my cup of tea but I guess to each his or her own. I'll live!

Back
Top Bottom