(08-31-2004) Name Those Tunes! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/images/news_010904_band_studio.jpg[/SIMG]
Name Those Tunes!

Ed Note: This is basically the same "exclusive" information that was found in the NME.com article we posted earlier, but this list has one additional song.

Stop Press! First confirmed information on song titles from the new album.

U2.Com can exclusively reveal that completed tracks from the upcoming album include:
Vertigo,
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own,
City of Blinding Lights,
A Man and A Woman,
Yahweh
and
Crumbs From Your Table.

The album, produced by Steve Lillywhite, will feature 11 tracks and is set for a late November worldwide release.

'It feels like a special' record', explains Bono in the October edition of the UK's Q Magazine. 'From the start we wanted to make our own Who's Next where every track mattered and I think we have done that.'

More news as we get it!

Last edited:
Great, so there WILL be a song called Yahweh! :up: But what does it mean with "completed tracks"? Maybe it means that those are the ones that have been mixed and everything else, the rest is ready just no fully mixed or whatever (I'm answering my own questions... :coocoo: I'm spending too much time in this place. Everything around is blue now.... :ohmy: )

All 6 of those titles were already reported, where is the "additional" one?

City of Burning Lights was apparently an error as it's now
City of Blinding Lights

U2DMfan said:
All 6 of those titles were already reported, where is the "additional" one?

City of Burning Lights was apparently an error as it's now
City of Blinding Lights

This is what the NME.com story that I mentioned had:

Vertigo?, ?Man And A Woman?, ?Yahweh?, ?Crumbs From Your Table? and ?City Of Blinding Lights?

They did not mention "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own."

I believe the first report from Q also had the title as 'Man and Woman', not 'A Man and A Woman' and also the difference of Burning and Blinding that was mentioned. So I guess i will trust the info from U2.com even though I liked the first two titles better. How bout some clips people!

'It feels like a special' record', explains Bono in the October edition of the UK's Q Magazine. 'From the start we wanted to make our own Who's Next where every track mattered and I think we have done that.'

Or they wanted to make their own "White Album where every song could've been a single". lol ..C'mon Bono, mix it up a bit :wink: Can't wait for the new tunes though!

How come "Lead me in the way I should go" seems so much like a new U2 song??? Did i read about this song somewhere was it a rumor perhaps a long time ago or is my mind just going crazy? I keep thinking of that as a song name from the new u2 album for some reason but if it was it looks like a cool song name!

PhoenixGNX said:

Or they wanted to make their own "White Album where every song could've been a single". lol ..C'mon Bono, mix it up a bit :wink: Can't wait for the new tunes though!

Um......I wouldn't consider "Revolution # 9" single material from "white album."
Hehe! :)

I have to say though, its getting closer and closer. Remember in 2000 when Beautiful Day clip was posted at U2.com one month before it was released?...Hope they post something soon.

:wink:

artdirector said:
I have to say though, its getting closer and closer. Remember in 2000 when Beautiful Day clip was posted at U2.com one month before it was released?...Hope they post something soon.

:wink:

Yep!! It shouldn't be long now. :) :) :)

Get's it's radio debut on the 24th of Sept, but won't be in the shops 'til the end of Oct/start of Nov.

Speaking of crumbs from someone's table, I think we've just been given some.

Who thought I could be so :hyper: over a few song titles?

dabiggestu2fan said:
How come "Lead me in the way I should go" seems so much like a new U2 song??? Did i read about this song somewhere was it a rumor perhaps a long time ago or is my mind just going crazy? I keep thinking of that as a song name from the new u2 album for some reason but if it was it looks like a cool song name!

You're not crazy; I read that somewhere, too, but it was a long time ago.

And is U2.com just now reporting this and calling it "exclusive"? THEY should be the ones giving out info like this before anyone else! Is the OFFICIAL SITE as clueless as we are? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom