(08-29-2006) 'One' on Greatest Songs List -- ANI*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"One" on Greatest Songs List

Ed. Note: "One" has topped this list in the past and may very well do so again the next time Q polls its readers.

Oasis's "Live Forever" looks all set to live up to its title after being voted the greatest song ever.

The 12-year-old single - the first to demonstrate that the Gallagher brothers could have a tender side as well as bravado and swagger - has beaten classic tracks by the Beatles, U2 and Queen in the Q magazine poll of music fans to identify the all-time greats.

"Live Forever doesn't date. It satisfies a timeless need for communal joy," The Sun quoted a Q magazine spokesman as saying.

"People said after 'Live Forever,' 'Where are you gonna go after that?' I was like, 'I don't think it's that good.' I think I can do better," Noel Gallagher said.

Oasis also claimed the second spot with their hit "Wonderwall," while two other songs, played by the band "Don't Look Back In Anger" and "Champagne Supernova," also made the top 100.

Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was third in the poll.

While the Beatles' "A Day In The Life" and U2's "One" came in fourth and fifth place respectively.

The Beatles claimed six places in the top 100 songs, the most by any band.

The list of the top ten "All-Time Top 100," as per Q magazine is:

1 Live Forever – Oasis

2 Wonderwall – Oasis

3 Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana

4 A Day In The Life – The Beatles

5 One – U2

6 Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen

7 Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division

8 Stairway To Heaven – Led Zeppelin

9 Bitter Sweet Symphony – The Verve

10 Paranoid Android – Radiohead

--ANI

Why the hell is "Smells like teen spirit" always up there? I mean, it's not that great to begin with.... geez. Any of the songs below that one are 20 times better then "Smells like..."

"Never Mind" is for sure one of the best album of the century......

Surprised that Oasis has 2 songs on 1 and 2 spots....:huh: I don't like them....

Q mag is British or US ???

Harry Vest said:
Smells Like Teen Spirit made an impact WORTHY of being in any top 10 of "all time" list. Oasis simply DID NOT!!!!

Yeah, perhaps but it is not a better song then One that is for sure.... you really can't argue that..... or can you? :|

Back
Top Bottom