(08-27-2007) Lanois talks about U2's next album - RTE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Lanois talks about U2's next album

Producer Daniel Lanois has been speaking about working with U2 on their next studio album.

In an interview with Billboard magazine to publicise his documentary about his work, 'Here Is What Is', Lanois said of the new U2 material: "It feels like the 'Achtung Baby' period, when everybody was really hungry to do something fresh."

Lanois, who for the first time is writing with U2 for the album, continued: "They have everything, and they've done everything. But the thing they should never assume they still own is the ability to be original and invent something that's never been heard before."

He concluded: "I'm not coming in with new flavours of the month or waving a magic wand. I don't have an abbreviated name. But my eyes are burning a hole through their hearts, and I'm inviting them to come to where I come from."

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0827/u2.html

no! let's keep it safe, guys!

i want radio hits, and albums loaded to the gills with singles.

Right, because U2 never had radio songs or singles on their albums before the dreaded 2000's.

I am such a huge Lanois fan. U2 do their best work when Lanois and Eno are around.

While I love the last album, it is easily my least favorite in that it is the least cohesive album U2 has ever made. There are great songs, but for some reason, it just falls short of true U2 genius (and I hate the cover).

I am really hopeful that Lanois is producing--Hopefully he is involved with the whole album (as well as Eno; although if Lanois is involved, Eno will be in one way or another), and not just a songs or two.

Back
Top Bottom