(08-27-2005) Dashboard Confessional To Open For U2 - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Dashboard Confessional To Open For U2

Keeping with the "Who's Opening for U2 in September?" trend, Dashboard Confessional's official website has announced today that the emo outfit will open for U2 "September 12th to September 25th." We're assuming that DC will go on before The Thrills on these nights. Or vice versa.

More on Dashboard Confessional here.

Many thanks to Brent!

^ :lol:

I like this as an opener - plus this band has a few degrees of separation from u2 as well- their new album is being produced by Daniel Lanois (who I wouldn't mind seeing either) and they also performed with Michael Stipe on a couple of songs that are available on iTunes

Fagboard confessioal!:ohmy: That is fucking terrible.

...By the way, I really hope u2 did'nt personally pick them to open.

ramblin rose said:
I wonder if at some point u2.com will actually announce an opener before the opening band announces it.:huh:

:laugh:

oh well, doesn't affect me, I'm seeing U2 December 10th. I caught a few songs from DC when they opened for Weezer...I admit that I like that screaming infedelities song, but emo... :yuck: emo bands SUCK. I'd say DC is one of the better ones though, at least Fallout Boy isn't opening for U2 :yikes:

hmm...

I clearly see U2's attempts to real in the younger, newer crowd by using these newer bands to attract the younger crowd. I just can't figure out why Kanye joined this tour (Detroit, according to what I read).

Or maybe they're turning into the "family band". Playing gigs with these young bands so our kids can come along. LOL.

It just goes to show that these boys have no intentions of slowing down. :rockon:

Last edited:
schnazdoodle said:

Hahahaha! :yes:

I guess it really doesn't matter seeing as how I did buy tickets to see U2 (and not the opening acts), but it sometimes is a bonus... It'd be great to hear a band I like (Dashboard... Well... )

I just want to know who's opening for Vegas (I hope it's decent!!)... :)

This will be fantastic for the .03% of attendees that happen to be fourteen year old girls. :wink:

I am very sad about this. What happened to all the good bands U2 supposedly loves? DC was never one of these mentioned bands. :madspit:

I have no idea who Dashboard Confessional is. :der: I guess I'm about to find out if they do open in Minneapolis. I gather from most of the comments here that this is not a good thing.:wink:

for conce i'm glad i don't have GA tickets so I can come healthily after Lameboard Confessional are gone and done with.

nobody is ever there for the opener anyway they should just skip doing it.

Back
Top Bottom