(08-27-2004) New U2 Song Titles in Q; Tracklisting Revealed? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a bible story where a gentile woman asks jesus for the crumbs of his table, could be a reference in the song

"Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the
crumbs which fall from their master's table."

thereisnospoon9 said:
There's a bible story where a gentile woman asks jesus for the crumbs of his table, could be a reference in the song

Maybe it will have to do with Africa, and how it would only take a few "crumbs" from our prosperity to make a huge difference. Aha!

thereisnospoon9 said:

:ohmy: Pure awesomeness! :bow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if yahweh is unpronoucible, the never to be spoken true name of God, whatever you wanna call it...

perhaps the song is instrumental? just a thought...

I doubt it and I hope not but still that sure would be super cool. A guitar-driven instrumental. :up:

I'm getting a bit bored of those song titles (the old ones) that everyone just keeps mentioning OVER AND OVER AGAIN...

Has anyone ever thought that all those songs added to that list of 12 may have just been working titles...?? Because I'm just visualising an entire forum going spare over U2 depriving them of a handful of songs and making useless petitions demanding the release of songs such as 'Full Metal Jacket' and 'Tough'...when those songs are actually just under new titles...

I think some of those may be working titles. But if I had to guess:

Crumbs from your table - could be either religion or Africa inspired, mid-tempo song.

City of burning lights - maybe the most interesting title of all, very poetic. Maybe one of the two ballads/love songs Edge spoke about.

Man and woman - a ballad/love song.

Yahweh - hmmm. Would U2 really give the title of the song like that, if it is not to be pronounced? A working title IMO, but another powerful song.

Vertigo - a rocker.

Sometimes you can't make it on your own - sung by Bono on his father's funeral, I imagine something like One tree hill or Kite; anthemic, mid tempo song.

All because of you - another rocking, faster song.

Tough - I think this is another one of songs dedicated to Bono's father...? I remember the lyrics posted a long time ago where "you don't always have to be right, you don't have to win every fight". Mid tempo.

Miracle drug - possibly a working title. A slower song.

Love, peace or else - sounds like a working title too. An angry title for an angry song?

Full metal jacket/Native son - "the mother of all rock n roll songs" and "the reason to make an album" as Bono said. Another rocker.

Back
Top Bottom