(08-25-2005) Arcade Fire Comments on U2 Gig - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
ARCADE FIRE INVITED FOR U2 TOUR SUPPORT

Ed. Note -- This isn't new news, but it is the first time a member of Arcade Fire has commented on the gig and U2's use of "Wake Up" during shows.

ARCADE FIRE have been invited to play with their heroes U2 for two winter dates in their hometown, MONTREAL.

The Canadian seven-piece, whose album track 'Wake Up' has consistently appeared on the opening music for the Dublin four-piece's 'Vertigo' tour, look set to perform with the Irish megastars for their sold out shows at Montreal Bell Centre on November 26 and 28.

Speaking about the invite, lead singer Win Butler said: "We have been asked to do some dates with them in Montreal so we are definitely gonna try and at least do one. I saw them play when I was 16 and I didn't know any better at the time. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen.”

He added: "The first time they played 'Wake Up' on tour somebody emailed a clip of the show to me and it looked incredible seeing all those people at their shows jumping up and down. It would be amazing to see in person."

Arcade Fire are set to release two new singles this month -including 'Cold Wind', an exclusive new track written for the last scene of the last episode of the final series of 'Six Feet Under', which came out as a clear 7" vinyl on August 1 and album track 'Rebellion (Lies)' as a CD single on August 29, following their performances at the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals this weekend.

http://www.nme.com/news/113488.htm

Thanks Chrissi!

HelloAngel said:
He added: "The first time they played 'Wake Up' on tour somebody emailed a clip of the show to me and it looked incredible seeing all those people at their shows jumping up and down. It would be amazing to see in person."

And it was amazing being at the shows everytime "Wake Up" started. It was beautiful! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom