(08-25-2004) Edge's Batman Theme Debuts Online - WB Kids*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Edge's Batman Theme Debuts Online

A short clip of what appears to be the main title sequence of the new animated Batman series that Edge was rumored to be scoring has debuted online at the WB Kids website. Described as heavy with trademark "Edge guitar effects," "the sound of being played from deep down in a bat cave" and a cross between the sounds of "Electrical Storm" and what fans have heard from the limited "Vertigo" clips online, the Batman theme is sure to please core Edge fans and anyone else hungry for new sounds out of the U2 camp.

To view the clip, visit:
http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/web/stuff/stuff_video_popup.jsp?
id=VID_BTM_MainTitle

Many thanks to Chad!

It sounds great, I dig what Edge is doing with playing up up on the frets at the start, very cool. I don't think it sounds anything like a Electrical Storm / Vertigo hybrid! a pretty poor comparison!

I liked how that sounds, it doesn't sound like Electrical Storm to me but a lot more like The Unforgettable Fire (sounds like Wire). Even though I liked it, I hope the new album is not as trippy and is a little more aggressive. Kick ass bassline there! :up:

I like the clip. It sounds sort of dark, and I like that from the Edge. Don't get me wrong, I love the "typical" Edge sound, but I also love it when his playing displays a bit of a darker side/sound to it (A side/sound that U2 quite oftern walks the line of, but dose not get the credit they deserve when they do). Who knows if this is any indication, becuase the Edge wrote this clip with the darker idea of Batman in mind so that is probbaly why it sounds the way it does. As for the Album, who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom