(08-25-2004) Bono Takes a Well-Earned Break in St. Tropez -- Hello!*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2004/08/25/bonosttropez/imgs/bonohols-dop2a.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Takes a Well-Earned Break in St. Tropez

Irish rocker Bono has been taking some time out in Saint Tropez after finishing work on his new album. The U2 frontman swapped the grey skies of Dublin for the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean when he and his wife met up with some showbiz pals in the south of France.

The musician was joined by hip-hop guru Dr Dre when he went for lunch at the exclusive Club 55 restaurant. Casually dressed in an open-necked shirt and straw hat, he looked to be thoroughly enjoying the boat ride to the upmarket eaterie.

Bono's holiday comes after a hectic few weeks for him and his bandmates. The chart-topping group found themselves in something of a panic a few weeks ago when a master copy of their new record went missing from the recording studio. It was feared the album had been stolen and would be released on the internet.

"It would be a real pity," said Bono at the time. "It would screw up years of work and months of planning, not to mention messing up our holidays." But judging by the singer's relaxed demeanour on the French littoral, everything worked out okay.

bonohols-dop1a.jpg

The Irish rocker embraces his wife Alison. The couple are spending some quality time together before Bono starts work on his forthcoming tour

bonohols-dop2a.jpg

Bono met up with hip-hop star Dr Dre in the exclusive resort. The party went for lunch together at Club 55, one of the glitziest restaurants in Saint Tropez

--Hello!

:wink: is that Bono or Boyonce? looks like he's got some junk in the trunk :wink: I'm sure he'll be in better shape by the tour...

Bono and Dr. Dre.. now that's an odd couple.

What's next? Michael Stipe hanging with Snoop Dogg? Okay, that's a bit extreme, but still in the same ballpark.

bonohols-dop1a.jpg

Awww... :heart: they're so cute together... :hug: Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :cute: Glad Bono's enjoying himself. :up:

Zoorock Girl! said:
Dr. Dre rules.

Dre is the man definetly, the greatest hip hop producer of all time. By the way, the girl in that picture is Dr. Dre's wife (a lawyer). He's always been a fan of u2, I remember seeing an interview with him after he saw popmart in LA.

I can't understand how they'd be on the same wavelength. I mean, look at some of Dre's lyrics.
But Bono and Ali.........awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! :love:
Hope they continue to have a great holiday!

originally posted by candyfloss
Did anyone else notice Bono's platform flip-flops?

No, actually, but as long as it's not the mullet, it's probably okay... You have to admit, he really does look fine for being, what, 44? We just have high standards for him.

:yes: :sexywink: :flirt: Awww....that pic of Bono & Ali-adorable!! And, as far as Dr.Dre is concerned, I think it's cool they can admire each other-out of the studio!! Yes-I like bono's platform flip-flops-even dr.dre'w wife is wearing them-but not Dr. Dre!! That-it funny!:lmao: Ahh-come on, give the Bono a break-the man IS on vacation!!:huh:

still hope he'd also dye his hair black again. like that in the elevation tour. and maybe 15 lbs? blame it on 3 yrs of non-touring. anyone would have gained as much. i am his age. but i work in the office everyday and commute... and walk around a lot. believe me one can still look good if one's to lead a healthy life. but our b-man looks just fine but better to lose at least 10 lbs. a Times articles says his voice cracked a lot in the new album -- i dont mind really. it adds intimacy to the way he created his songs. cant hardly wait! the platform flip flops? he's always worn platform shoe wear right?:| :wink:

I think B-man is looking the sh!t in the first picture with just Ali, he's approaching his mid 40's, and I think he's still lookin' cool with it too. Ali, well what can be said about her, what a honey baby.

I'm sure he'll get the training head on for the tour. I would like to see a return of blackend shades though.

Last edited:
desire25 said:
a Times articles says his voice cracked a lot in the new album -- i dont mind really. it adds intimacy to the way he created his songs.

Just a correction here... The Time article said his voice had occasional craks (not "cracked a lot"), which worked for the slower songs. And I agree - "One" and "In a Little While" were sung with Bono's voice cracking and they are outstanding. If Bono sang them with perfect clarity, we wouldn't have felt the intimacy. Also, a lot of the power in Bono's voice is due to a bit of studio magic, especially on UF and JT. In concert, Bono's voice sounds fuller (especially in the 80's) as the songs were in a lower key (a good thing to save Bono's voice).

As for the pictures, Bono and Ali look great. And our Bono has always been a bit pudgy. The best shape he was in was during the JT era. During the "War" and UF era he was a little pudgy and has remained this way. :wink: And being older myself, I can readily relate to some extra pounds.

Last edited:
michelleontheair said:
Bono and Ali are the perfect married couple :cute: To still whisper things into eachother's ear that make eachother smile... wow.

bonohols-dop1a.jpg

mishka
inTO the :heart: 2004
Nov 4-7
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
www.intotheheart.com

He's probably saying something like:
"I'm so horny!"
or
"Man, I just farted..."

:wink:

I think he should dye his hair and go back to the look he had during the Beautiful Day video, but I could really care less what the man looks like.

They all look great!

And about the voice that cracks: this is so cool for me! I mean, U2 could chose to "correct" it (and you know it's possible thanks to technology), but they didn't.
That's why I like them so much!

platform sandals... heeeeeHEEEheeeheheheh...
man, I'm 4'10", I sympathize with the short thing, I just wanna know where he gets his shoes!! :D
(c'mon B give a mate a tip willya? ;) )

trust me, he'll thin out from touring.
As long as HE feels good and stays healthy who the hell CARES what he looks like!!! damn! we should all hope to look so good in our 40s!

everyone fusses about his voice cracking... has nobody been listening? he was "cracking notes" since UF... it's part of the emotion coming through, I'd rather hear THAT than 'smoothed out' digitalized empty-souled "perfect vocals" aka twitney spears.

Last edited:
awww good to see some new pictures. And Bono is looked fantastic!!! Ali is so beautiful - damn they are such a beautiful couple :)

Back
Top Bottom