(08-20-2004) U2 To Drop New Album In November - Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 To Drop New Album In November

U2's as-yet-untitled new studio album will be released Nov. 22 internationally and a day later in North America via Interscope. First single "Vertigo" will hit radio in late September, to be followed by a video. A commercial single is tentatively due for a Nov. 8 international release.

A spokesperson for the band's U.K.-based Principle Management says the information is "broadly correct" but would not confirm specific details.

Even though a disc featuring album tracks was reported stolen during a photo shoot last month in France, few details have emerged about the set. Among the song titles mentioned in recent comments by band members are "Tough" and "Full Metal Jacket."

Author/band friend Neil McCormick recently told Ireland's Hot Press magazine that the album featured "an interesting title, an interesting philosophical idea as a title, and quite a difficult title."

As first reported here in February, production was handled by Steve Lillywhite, who has worked on such past U2 albums as "The Joshua Tree" and "Achtung Baby."

The upcoming release will be the follow-up to 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind," which has sold more than 4 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. A world tour is expected to launch early next year.

Preceding the album will be the photo book "U2 Show: The Art of Touring," due Oct. 21 via Riverhead Books. More than 400 rare photographs and illustrations appear in the volume, which chronicles the band's live performance history.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000615842

Author/band friend Neil McCormick recently told Ireland's Hot Press magazine that the album featured "an interesting title, an interesting philosophical idea as a title, and quite a difficult title."

So this might be the "Atomic Bomb" title, rather than "Solaris", I hope.

"How to Difuse an Atomic Bomb" is a killer title! If this was made up by someone, then they should start a band. :D

Aardvark747 said:
And I was all set for a single release in September...oh well. At least we'll still be able to hear it...and watch the vid, AT LAST!

You will still be able to hear the single on Sept 24th on the radios and I assume by that time it will also be available for download. The video i believe will be released in october.

It's all coming together!!! :dance: And hey - I didn't know about this:

Preceding the album will be the photo book "U2 Show: The Art of Touring," due Oct. 21 via Riverhead Books. More than 400 rare photographs and illustrations appear in the volume, which chronicles the band's live performance history

New music! New pictures! New Tour Announcement! Pinch me! :hyper: Fall is going to kick major ass!!!

mishka
inTO the :heart: 2004
Nov 4-7
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
intotheheart.com

Smart boys, getting the single to radio just in time for Grammy '05 consideration and the album in time for Grammy '06 consideration. Perhaps they're hoping to get back-to-back record of the year nods like they did for ATYCLB.

"How to Difuse an Atomic Bomb" is a killer title!

Not that I don't agree, but I don't know if it quite fits on a t-shirt, mm? HTDAAB? :shrug: Dunno if it's got quite the same ring as ATYCLB... Of course, for all I care it could have no title whatsoever, as long as it comes out soon! :hyper:

*pinches Michelle* Couldn't agree more.

Actually Boy, October, War. Mixes on Joshua Tree notably Where The Streets and other key tracks.

I kind of like the "Atomic Bomb" title, personally. Could easily picture some neat images to go along with it.

I noticed the simularities to the Beautiful Day-ATYCLB releases as well. Should be interesting to see how that works out.

Back
Top Bottom