(08-20-2004) Beatles are the Richest British Rockers -- ANI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
The Beatles are the Richest British Rockers

Ed. Note: We understand that Ireland is not a part of Britain and that it is strange for U2 to appear on this list.

Music legends, 'The Beatles' have been named the richest rock and roll band of Britain.

The four members are together worth 1.5 billion pounds, while Paul McCartney alone is worth 760 million pounds.

According to a Q magazine poll, 'The Rolling Stones' are the second richest band with assets worth 515 million pounds, while 'U2' are the third richest band with 420 million pounds. The fourth richest band was 'Pink Floyd' worth 235 million pounds.

--ANI

Ireland is part of Britain. Well, southern Ireland is. That includes Dublin. :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Shhh! I feel incredibly dense right now.

I KNEW I should have stayed at school for the full 11 years..

Hehe.

United Kingdom

beli said:
You are incorrect. It is Northern Ireland that is part of Britain, not the republic of Ireland.

Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain, but part of the United Kingdom (UK).

Mike

Well spotted. I was too busy concentrating on the north and south issue. My turn to plead lack of sleep :huh:

Niether of these terms mean much in Australia as we tend to refer to people as being from England, Scotland, etc. Tis only the English, here, that ever use the terms GB and UK .

But yeah, I stuffed it :D

The Ireland/Britain thing notwithstanding, that's actually kind of amazing. After only the Beatles and the Stones - the two biggest bands, well, ever.

Of course, we all know U2's better than them both... :wink: Just think, for 420 million pounds we could buy them.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom